Ruger Red Label for sporting clays

The Red Label is a nice-LOOKING gun, but there's a reason NO Top-Level Trap, Skeet or Sporting Clays shooter ever shot one very long--They just don't hold up to prolonged use as well as even the enrty-level Berettas and Brownings do--My "Pet Peeve" with 'em is the TRIGGERS--NEVER felt one on a Red Label that was worth a damn--YMMV, of course...

Thanks guys, I’ll skip it. Looks like I’ll be leaning towards a Beretta or Franchi. The Brownings feel too thick to me now that I’ve handled a few.

2,000 clay targets per year is average for many casual clay target chasers and the target count adds up quicker than many realize. No matter which shotgun you decide to purchase, firing pins, springs, and other normal wear and tear items may need to be replaced at 5 to 7 year intervals.

Many years ago I was in the market for a nice O/U. I was thinking about a Red label since I love Rugers and they were currently being made. I was steered clear of them due to being investment cast and would shoot lose. I was told to buy a Citori. I ended up with a 20ga White Lightening. Beautiful gun…… I can’t hit crap with it but I look good doing so.

Back
Top Bottom