• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger P95 DC

i have a taurus 24/7 .9mm and Ruger P94 .9mm and have nothing bad to say about either of the two guns.. my buddy has the taurus 24/7 in .45acp and has never had a prob with his.. and another guy i know has a taurus .9mm forgot what it is but he has never had anything bad to say so maybe you want to look that way.. i have heard nothing but glocks.. so i will never have one.. so maybe you should take a look at taurus..

I've had SEVERAL of the Ruger P-Series guns...P-85's, P-89's, P-90, P-93 and P-95's, IIRC...all but the EARLY P-85 were VERY RELIABLE...that early P-85 was a Jam-o-matic UNTIL it went BACK to Ruger...it came back "Fixed" and from then on was as reliable as all the others...

The P-Series guns are TOUGH, generally VERY RELIABLE, but they are also BLOCKY, feel like 2x4's and are HEAVY for their Caliber/Capacity...the TRIGGERS are generally only so-so, but sometimes downright CRAPPY, the sights are just ADEQUATE, and the ACCURACY seems to be very VARIABLE...

The P-85's and P-89's I've had seemed to be only So-So in the accuracy dept., at best...the P-90 and P-93 seemed to be VERY accurate, and the P-95's varied quite a bit...The only Ruger CF Autopistol I have currently is a pre-light rail blued P-95 that is probably the MOST ACCURATE Ruger 9mm I've ever fired, and it is 100% RELIABLE with ANYTHING I've fed it so far...I would NOT feel bad carrying it for Personal Protection if it was all I had...YMMV, of course....mikey357

My P95 runs like a tank. I've had crap guns (Sig Mosquito for one) that would FTF and stove pipe like a beast. I have only had one stove pipe with my P95 and I'm pretty sure it was my fault. They are better if you hands are larger.

I do not know about P95's but my P90 45 cal is accurate and runs whatever I put in it. No it is not comparable to my Glock or my springer 1911, but for what it costs it does extremely fine. Might should have put yours through a break in period ( I do not know)

same here, never had a problem other than the weight

I own 6 Rugers, including the P series and other then being ugly, bulky, and slightly on the heavy side the P series has been a very reliable handgun. As far as accuracy I have found it to be on par if not better for pure accuracy as the Glock, though stock sights are a smidgen small for combat in my view compared to a Glock. Mags are priced on par with Glock mags for factory mags, Mec gar mags can be had for less with 17 rd capacity for less then Glock. I have seen the P series digest everything from junk balk and hot, hot hand loads, +P, +P+, to the best defensive loads. For combat or defensive purposes I would trust the ones I have used. Hogue grips are a good replacement for the stock grips on the models as well, makes shot to shot recovery much quicker. Now if I could only find a good holster to work with my P89 I would be really happy.

99% of the time any feeding problems with any P series Ruger can be traced to magazine problems. After market or damaged factory mags are the biggest culprit. The feed lips can be easily damaged or bent from being dropped or banged together with other stuff. I have had a P94 and a P95, never had a bit of trouble and fired 1000's of rounds through both. Only use factory mags(fit and function of after market is hit or miss) and use a little care in handling them, you will not have any feeding issues. If you buy a used gun and have a feeding issue, replace the mags first and usually it goes away.

I have never had a gun that needed to be worked on when new to make it function. The issue is usually with a used gun that you have no idea about what some BUBBA has done to it or how they maintained it before you got it. Remember a little oil is good, but a lot of oil is bad.

I would have to agree with all the positives on the P89. I have had mine for about 6 years now and have put probably close to 1000 or more rounds through it with not one issue. I have three 15 round mags and two 10 round mags and I can empty them all in one sitting, reload and empty them again and trust that there will be no issues. I do agree that they are a bit bulky, but once you get used to it, I barely notice it's there when I'm using it for a back up when I'm out playing in the woods. As for accuracy, I would have to say it's only as good as the person shooting it. If I take my time and not jerk the trigger, I always hit what I'm aiming at. And I'm not even that good of a shot. But I have noticed that the weight of it helps to keep it from traveling around too much when getting happy with the trigger. But that's just my opinion.

I bought a P-85 when they 1st came out, great gun other than the rear sight moved back & forth. sent it back to Ruger, they fixed it No Charge & sent me 2 new clips for my trouble. I have since owned a P-89DC, A P-90 DC, and a P-95 DC (still have the P-89 & P-95) I have never had a Jamb or Fail to Fire. All the above where pretty accurate right out of the box, and have eat any kind of ammo you put through them. Put a set of Hoage grips on them, t changes that gun tremendously.
never had any problems with any of the p-89 s .

Back
Top Bottom