• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger American Barrel came loose from receiver.

BigBizzGrizz

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Title says it all. New Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 Grendel. Did a scope swap today wanted to site it in this afternoon. I've had the rifle a couple of months now just haven't made time to shoot it yet. I was swapping muzzle devices for my suppressor when the barrel unscrewed from the action. Gun was just sitting in my site n clean rest/stand. No crazy amount of torque or anything like that. Just a 1/2" socket trying to remove the muzzle device. Any ideas on where I should go from here? I plan to call Ruger tomorrow but who knows with the current state of the nation. The muzzle device did come off but the barrel preceded it.

You could reassemble it if you had access to headspace guages, a barrel nut wrench and a barrel vice or know someone who does. It is an easy job if you have the tools.

Yes I've been on the phone with several people I know who have everything but a headspace gauge for 6.5 grendel. I do not currently posses any of these tools or gauges nor are they in the Covid budget.

Ruger’s QC is slipping way to much now. Their customer service is great, but way too many things are getting out. My brand new PC9 shipped without an extractor. I have a feeling they are only test firing a few from each batch, my chamber was clean coming out of the box.

When you installed the muzzle device you were attempting to remove did you use rocksett or locktite or sos other thread locker?

Rocksett. However all of my devices have either rocksett or loctite on them. Never have had an issue with taking on or off before. Same technique every time. Not a Ruger bash thread they are making it right.

Dude you better contact them asap. I got an email from them today because I was asking their customer service about my problem with a bx-25 magazine. Turns out their customer service division is shutting down April 10th.

So i'd say call and emails. I contacted them 3 days through their online portal and just got an email back this morning.

Dude you better contact them asap. I got an email from them today because I was asking their customer service about my problem with a bx-25 magazine. Turns out their customer service division is shutting down April 10th.

So i'd say call and emails. I contacted them 3 days through their online portal and just got an email back this morning.

Called this morning UPS will be picking it up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom