• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rolex value destruction

D8D0140F-5EF7-4A7E-B769-1F8BED265CF0.jpeg

That's part of the reason I dig the Seamaster. It's NOT a Rolex. Sure I would LOVE a Sub or Explorer 2 but if I can't afford those then I don't want something that looks like it. That's why I never gave Tudor a second look. I know they make great watches but to me it's like wanting a Lincoln Town Car and settling for a Mercury Marquis.
The Seamaster is it's own thing and look. Kinda like the Oris Aquis . So to ME I'm fine with wearing a watch that doesn't stand out to the general public. It's like you gotta be a watch guy to appreciate it. And given all the videos I see lately about broad daylight strong arm and armed robberies of people just for their Rolex I think I may be able to live without one.
Totally agree. That was my whole reason for getting the 300M I have now. I walked into an AD, bought it, had it adjusted and was out in about 20 minutes tops.

Love Omega and all that makes the brand the icon it is. Not many brands have the heritage of being in the sea and space like Omega. Certainly more affordable (most models) but every bit as awesome as any other luxury brand.

I'd love to have the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (Snoopy edition) but it's followed the Rolex trend and is 2-3x's priced over retail so I'll pass.

been wearing my Seamaster every day for going on 13 years. I like that it's not a Rolex and doesn't really scream to anyone that's not into watches. I wanted a rolex but they are up in asshole prices, and I don't have the want/need for that kind of thing or liability in my life.

Plus with how good the fakes are getting (looking at you R/chinatime and R/Reptime) I honestly imagine most of the rolexes I see on the street are clones/copies.

I do think I'll end up with either another Omega or a Tudor for my next milestone birthday though.

Totally agree. That was my whole reason for getting the 300M I have now. I walked into an AD, bought it, had it adjusted and was out in about 20 minutes tops.

Love Omega and all that makes the brand the icon it is. Not many brands have the heritage of being in the sea and space like Omega. Certainly more affordable (most models) but every bit as awesome as any other luxury brand.

I'd love to have the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch (Snoopy edition) but it's followed the Rolex trend and is 2-3x's priced over retail so I'll pass.
Not a big fan of the Moonwatch for 2 reasons. 1) It's a manual wind. 2) It's a chronograph which to ME makes for a cluttered busy looking dial. Only Chrono I want is the Tag Monaco and that's only because it's so unique in appearance.
But I would gladly take one of most every other Omega model. I'm not a fan of orange but that Planet Ocean with the orange bezel and orange stiching in the strap is SO badass!

Still the biggest joke going. I was lucky to get one new in 2005 from an AD in the Caribbean for $6975. I never wear it because it doesn’t have the date. Was going to buy the yacht master that day and luckily made the right decision as it’s the only model that doesn’t seem to appreciate in value and I picked one up for $5500 a few years ago.

Attachments

• 468881F1-0A43-4FBC-B849-7249D998E1CD.png
    468881F1-0A43-4FBC-B849-7249D998E1CD.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 27
  • A3B9AA8D-DD7F-4B45-8574-A3736C96ACA9.png
    A3B9AA8D-DD7F-4B45-8574-A3736C96ACA9.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 29
Not a big fan of the Moonwatch for 2 reasons. 1) It's a manual wind. 2) It's a chronograph which to ME makes for a cluttered busy looking dial. Only Chrono I want is the Tag Monaco and that's only because it's so unique in appearance.
But I would gladly take one of most every other Omega model. I'm not a fan of orange but that Planet Ocean with the orange bezel and orange stiching in the strap is SO badass!
The only Speedmaster moonwatch I like is the Snoopy one. I like watching the space capsule with Snoopy on it fly across the display back. I like odd funny stuff like that. Not for $25K or more though.

1666276908161.png

My very first daily wear "expensive" (at that time) watch back in the early 90's was a Tag 1500 professional. It was a work horse. I walked into Mayors at Cumberland Mall and bought for like $1000. Went to Jamaica 10 months later and saw the same exact watch duty free for $350. lol. The Monaco is a cool looking watch and certainly unique.

My Dad had an Omega orange PO maybe 12ish years ago I used to borrow every now and then. Pretty unique and a little larger on the wrist. I liked it a lot, but never enough to buy one.

Back
Top Bottom