• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rocky Patel Mexican

I've met Rocky and have smoked many of his cigars, all of which I liked...not loved, but liked. I however never tried his Mexican series, but if they're like any of my other Patel experiences, I would say its a decent stick.

I've met Rocky and have smoked many of his cigars, all of which I liked...not loved, but liked. I however never tried his Mexican series, but if they're like any of my other Patel experiences, I would say its a decent stick.

Is there anyone cool/famous you haven't met?

Is there anyone cool/famous you haven't met?

I have been fortunate with my job and my friends to have met some really cool people, many of which would be considered celebrities. It's all been by happenstance or careful planning and networking...being at the right place at the right time. However the one man I've never met that I really want to meet is Dr. Billy Graham...unfortunately I don't believe that will ever happen until I cross over to the other side.

As far as the cigar community... In Cincy, we have a HUGE cigar population and the tobacco manager Micah Dennison from the "The Party Source" organized a weekly cigar tasting. It grew from a few dozen people to well over 100-200 people weekly. It grew so well that it drew the attention of the cigar makers and master rollers to come out and visit. It's an amazing group of people and a fun time...and you can get 3 high end sticks for $10 total. If youre ever in the Cincy area on a Tuesday night, head down to the river to the Beer Sellar (a cool bar built on a barge) where you can sit out on the river, smoke some sticks and drink some snooty beer at a discount!

I've never been a fan of Rocky Patel....primarily because of his penchant to make everything a torpedo, my least favorite shape. As to the actual body of the cigar, I found them to be acceptable. Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos in all of his stuff. Now one with a Mexican wrapper it would appear. For me, it wouldn't be worth the effort....especially if I knew I was going to be mistreated to even get the thing in the first place.

I've never been a fan of Rocky Patel....primarily because of his penchant to make everything a torpedo, my least favorite shape. As to the actual body of the cigar, I found them to be acceptable. Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos in all of his stuff. Now one with a Mexican wrapper it would appear. For me, it wouldn't be worth the effort....especially if I knew I was going to be mistreated to even get the thing in the first place.
I've actually had plenty of excellent mexican cigars

Back
Top Bottom