• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rocky Patel Mexican

Never heard of 'em being made in Mexico. Who knew?

Actually never even had a RP cigar.

Subscribed

Lots of serious cigar aficionados love and preach "Rocky Patel", but most do not have a Mexican wrapper. Smoked a few back when I was a cigar guy and they were mostly Honduran at the time and they had several varieties with a Connecticut wrapper and Honduran filler.

Well if no one has tried one I'll give one a go thursday when I stop by Cigar Shoppe in Cumming. Nice store, but the owner treats me like **** unless I'm with some older friends when I enter.

There is another good shop on 141 in Norcross just after the split on the left Same shopping center as subway and starbucks. I think the guys name is Mike that owns it.

Btw. Really like RP's never had a mexican wrapper though. I suggest the vintage 1990.

Last edited:
Well if no one has tried one I'll give one a go thursday when I stop by Cigar Shoppe in Cumming. Nice store, but the owner treats me like **** unless I'm with some older friends when I enter.

I find a lot of cigar lounges treat younger customers with some derision...When I started smoke cigars about 7 years ago when I was 23 walking in to a cigar shop was usually an exercise in patience. I've noticed most cigar shops have their cadre of older regulars and it can take a while to "break in". I like the shop over off of Sandy Plains; Maxwell's up in Woodstock is also pretty nice. I have a couple I go to when I'm in Montgomery.

Why patronize a business that treats you that way?

www.cigarsinternational.com

Well its strange, hes a great guy when I'm with older fellows, heck I even bought a gun from him and helped him value some of his other firearms for sale, but I think he forgets who I am and thinks I'm going to be some rowdy kid. The Cigar Shoppe is a big LEO hangout as well, so sometimes I think the guy just likes having his boysclub and couldn't care less if he turns a dollar or not.

The upside is he's very friendly when I'm with older guys, their cigar selection is very nice and reasonably priced, and they have an excellent beer selection.

There is another good shop on 141 in Norcross just after the split on the left Same shopping center as subway and starbucks. I think the guys name is Mike that owns it.

Btw. Really like RP's never had a mexican wrapper though. I suggest the vintage 1990.
good to know, I'll have to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom