• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK Gun Show - Clarksville

edindah

Firefighter Supporter
ODT Junkie!
285   0
Reaction score
I went to the RK sponsored gun show in Clarksville this morning. I now know why they call it a gun show and not GUNS show. Of the 20 or so vendors, I found two (2) that had five or six handguns on the table. If you wanted the frame that converts your Glock (or Springfield and some others) into a carbine frame, two vendors sold them. Two optics vendors. Several offering ammo at (you guessed it) gun show power prices. A few dealers had long guns (mainly shotguns, very few complete ARs) or AR uppers in various calibers for the Frankenstein look. A few dealers selling holsters, rugs, cases. One selling AR500 steel targets (reasonable pricing) and several selling home-made (crafted) knives (with and without sheaths). A couple dealers with first aid supplies (IFAK, sutures, bandages, etc.) or punches, dental picks, loupes, etc.

Instead of charging the $10 advertised entry fee, it was only $8.00 (to their credit) and I used the RK $2 discount ticket - so $6 to get in. I did purchase three 1# bottles of Hodgdon powders that have been a tad tough to find (Varget was not one of them!)

On a side note, I even brought my own mini-flashlight and magnifying glass. I attended the show in Gainesville a few weeks ago and only 1 out of every 3 (or 4) ceiling lights were functioning, making the vendors' wares difficult to see/inspect. (I do not know if the lighting was intentional on the part of the dealers request or a problem with the site management.)
This show did not have that problem. The problem was no INVENTORY!

Yeah that was about ten minutes from my house and I didn't go. It went to the first couple that they had and I learned my lesson. I'm not much for gun shows in general though.

Thank you for the info. I believe it was a last minute "post election" show. I don't remember any advertising till last week. I may still go for $6.00.

I'm looking for .32 S&W Long ammo, but I didn't see it two weeks ago at the South Expo show.

Any good "walkers" with deals?

Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. I believe it was a last minute "post election" show. I don't remember any advertising till last week. I may still go for $6.00.

I'm looking for .32 S&W Long ammo, but I didn't see it two weeks ago at the South Expo show.

Thanks again.
They didn't put signs out for it until around Tuesday. I'd say that's pretty last minute.

Thanks again.
I did not see the first walker with anything, come to think of it.

A lot of the ammo I saw was in baggies. Shiny brass, bagged in lots of 25 or 50, with .223 at a buck a round. (Some I saw at $1.25 a round.)

Gunshows just blow in general. I was a big fan when I first got into firearm collecting, shooting and etc. Last 5 plus years gunshows are freaking joke. Everything is over priced. Last time I went I decided to bring my SVD Dragunov Tiger and have a good laugh and see as a joke what these neckbeards would offer me. I joke you not, best I offer I got was 800...and i got offers from pretty much every other neckbeard running tables. To sum up, gunshows blow and have been crappy for years.

I went to the RK sponsored gun show in Clarksville this morning. I now know why they call it a gun show and not GUNS show. Of the 20 or so vendors, I found two (2) that had five or six handguns on the table. If you wanted the frame that converts your Glock (or Springfield and some others) into a carbine frame, two vendors sold them. Two optics vendors. Several offering ammo at (you guessed it) gun show power prices. A few dealers had long guns (mainly shotguns, very few complete ARs) or AR uppers in various calibers for the Frankenstein look. A few dealers selling holsters, rugs, cases. One selling AR500 steel targets (reasonable pricing) and several selling home-made (crafted) knives (with and without sheaths). A couple dealers with first aid supplies (IFAK, sutures, bandages, etc.) or punches, dental picks, loupes, etc.

Instead of charging the $10 advertised entry fee, it was only $8.00 (to their credit) and I used the RK $2 discount ticket - so $6 to get in. I did purchase three 1# bottles of Hodgdon powders that have been a tad tough to find (Varget was not one of them!)

On a side note, I even brought my own mini-flashlight and magnifying glass. I attended the show in Gainesville a few weeks ago and only 1 out of every 3 (or 4) ceiling lights were functioning, making the vendors' wares difficult to see/inspect. (I do not know if the lighting was intentional on the part of the dealers request or a problem with the site management.)
This show did not have that problem. The problem was no INVENTORY!
As a 'dealer' I always request the light panels over my tables be disabled so the cheap bastards can't tell if they are lowballing me on a good item or a crappy item. Works too!

Back
Top Bottom