• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun rights for all........

Sounds like government overreach. Do you believe your rights or God-given or government given? If God-given, what business does the government have in telling you or anyone whether or not you can own a gun?
The framers of our Constitution believed that we have certain God given rights, and I'm not going to argue with that.

Unfortunately God is not available at the Capitol in D.C. so our government, such as it is, is free to interpret the Constitution in ways that fit our civil and political needs through laws that are intended for the benefit of all Americans. Obviously this is not perfect, but it's the best we have for now..

As far as this thread is concerned, I think it should be obvious to any sensible human being that letting any immigrants, legal or otherwise, buy firearms or other restricted weapons without first making the determination that they are qualified to own such lethal weapons is an invitation for more of the Heriberto Carbajal-Flores B.S.

It's not happening, (yet) but if you think this is "government overreach" so be it. Just hope you don't get some unknown illegals moving into your neighborhood.

I think the real issue here is to decide whether an individual who has committed a crime for which he has not yet been punished, should enjoy all of the rights that are natural to a law-abiding citizen or resident of the US.

If immigrants present in the US illegally should enjoy those protections and rights, then so should other categories of criminals.

will persuade an idiot.jpg

Just let illegals pay the state government for a gun permit that the state doesn’t require, like all the patriots around here advocate. Then they could participate in the “you must show me yours and I’ll show you mine” circle jerk that calms the fuddly fear in ODT land. Problem solved.

Constitutional rights should be for US citizens period!!!!

What part of Illegal do people not understand? If you or I commit an ILLEGAL act we are subject to arrest, are we not? Someone comes into your home uninvited, an ILLEGAL act; they are subject to arrest (or worse). If someone comes into our country Illegally shouldn't they be arrested or at least kicked out ???? I am 70 and realize there is no hope for this country.

Constitutional rights should be for US citizens period!!!!

What part of Illegal do people not understand? If you or I commit an ILLEGAL act we are subject to arrest, are we not? Someone comes into your home uninvited, an ILLEGAL act; they are subject to arrest (or worse). If someone comes into our country Illegally shouldn't they be arrested or at least kicked out ???? I am 70 and realize there is no hope for this country.
I’m all for the 2A, but………..

I think the real issue here is to decide whether an individual who has committed a crime for which he has not yet been punished, should enjoy all of the rights that are natural to a law-abiding citizen or resident of the US.

If immigrants present in the US illegally should enjoy those protections and rights, then so should other categories of criminals.
I think it goes way further than that. Stepping off topic for a moment. We have squatters upheld as having rights they do not have, and requiring the owners to evict them as if they were legitimate tenants.

Back on topic. We have citizens in places like New York city prohibited from carrying concealed weapons. When the criminals are arrested with guns for example on the subways. How long before they are released without bail ?

This has to be part of some plan to divide and conquer our country. To give rights illegitimately to those who don’t have them and prohibit the honest ordinary citizen from exercising their rights and to favor the criminal over the law abiding citizen.

If you’ve watched the news recently. They showed a group of illegal migrants tearing down the barbed wire, rushing and attacking the national guard. The Whitehouse spokesperson pointed out that they were all arrested. The thing she didn’t say was that after their arrest, every last one was released into this country.

This has to be part on some bigger plan…

Back
Top Bottom