• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rifle scope

Welcome to the trader.

Yep what coach482 said as it does affect choice. With most bolt .30 caliber rifles used for deer size game the standard 3X9 variable is a dime a dozen. It can be turned down to 3X for still hunting and allows a wide field of view when traveling through thicker cover. For more open areas turn it up to 9 and it will get you a deer size critter as far as you can shoot accurately.

Some really sharp riflemen make 600 yards seen easy but in the field most deer are shot well below that yardage and there is a reason the 3X9 is one of the most commonly produced variable scopes.

RamRoddoc Hit the nail on the head. There's a reason the 30-06 with a 3-9x40 is the worlds most popular deer combo. Everything you need, without a bunch of what you don't.

My brother has the accurange on his .270 I sighted it in for him this year and like it a lot. It's my understanding the Revolution seriesis made in the USA but the Revenge series is made elsewhere.

Leupold owns Redfield now and as I understand it, they are made in the same facility. A 52mm objective will be heavy and require taller rings on the receiver to clear the barrel. When I was younger, I didn't mind lugging around a heavy rifle but as I have gotten older, I found it to be a lot less fun! The one I hunted with today has a 36mm objective. Your mileage will vary and depends on what, where and when you hunt...

Back
Top Bottom