• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolver blueing and loving - Need some recommendations.

JRolin

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
I have a family revolver that I need to get the blueing redone on. Lots of wear on the barrel and some scratches on the frame. I want it gone through as well and thoroughly cleaned, tuned up.

Looking for someone that has the ability to put the wording back after the blueing as well.

I am willing to ship it if needed. Anyone have experience with someone that is amazing ?

Fords custom refinishing can do all that and it will look factory new or better! They have refinished about 20 for me and have one now that will be shipped back last of March! Great folks to deal with. Been in business about 38 years

I would prefer one that shows the wear and marks from years of family usage. Each blemish has its own tale to tell. A freshly blued, unmarked firearm has no character.
My father-in-law’s guns are well worn with a little rust and flaking nickel, wouldn’t change anything. Especially the broken grip on one where the story is that it broke while he was pistol-whipping a man who was a police informant.

I would prefer one that shows the wear and marks from years of family usage. Each blemish has its own tale to tell. A freshly blued, unmarked firearm has no character.
My father-in-law’s guns are well worn with a little rust and flaking nickel, wouldn’t change anything. Especially the broken grip on one where the story is that it broke while he was pistol-whipping a man who was a police informant.
There is no amazing story behind this one. A family member took sand paper to it, trying to "improve the finish".

.Fords Custom Refinishing
IMG_4263.png

Back
Top Bottom