• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington V3 Warranty

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
I bought a new Remington V3 Field Sport 12 ga yesterday. Paid retail price in a Georgia Gun store.

After I got home I put it together and then read the owner's manual on how to register it for warranty. I went to the listed website, Remington.com/warranty, but no warranty registration capabilities listed. The site said it was the Remington ammo website, and to find the firearms, go to remarms.com.

I went there but no warranty registration. I called their customer service. He asked for the serial number. Then said it was made by Remington Outdoors which went bankrupt and no longer exists. So there isn't any warranty on my new gun.

First, I won't go into that gun store ever again. They should have told me the NIB gun wasn't covered under any warranty.

Second, I've been shooting Remington shotguns for 64 years. This situation leaves me disappointed about this brand.

Had I known about this unfortunate situation, I would have passed on the purchase.

Rod

Remington heavily marketed these in 2016 with a Limited Lifetime Warranty before they went bankrupt so the question of warranty is a valid one.

The company that previously made those models no longer legally exists so there is no warranty and the supply of replacement parts is quickly diminishing.
My understanding is the primary issue with the design of the V3 is the cam pin which is no longer available.

There are some retailers like Buds who sold these orphaned models at a discount with their own limited short term warranty. There are internet reports of guns with failures in less than 250 rounds and there are folks who reported thousands of rounds without issue.

It may be best to return to the retailer and explain that you were unaware the gun is an orphan and ask if they will trade it toward a brand and model which is still currently manufactured and has at least 1 year warranty instead of one which has not been made since 2018.

I believe the new RemArms is continuing to manufacture the V3 model so I would think parts would be available even though they are not honoring the warranty of the previous Remington company. Marlins made before Ruger bought them in the same sale of the old Remington group are in the same boat, no warranty.

According to the Remarms website the new company is making the V3 model.

I emailed Remarms customer service with the question regarding servicing my model V3 made by the old company Remington Outdoors. They replied that I could have my gun serviced, at my own expense at Paducah Shooters Supply in Kentucky. Decades ago I purchased a new Remington 700 BDL in .223 caliber. The bolt wouldn't close on new Remington rounds. I called Remington and they had me send the rifle to that same location as they were an authorized Remington warranty repair station. So guess they're servicing the guns now coming out of Remarms.

I put my V3 on consignment in a local gunshop. Not happy with the situation.

I'm a die hard Remingon man. I love all my Remington rifles and i have a few. They were all made in the 40s, 50s & 60s tho. It's really sad to see what they've become.

Yep. I'm really glad the name is continuing. And I wish the new company all the best.

I got my 1st 870 pump 20 ga in 1959 on my 10th birthday. It was made in 1953. I still have it. When my dad passed in 1967 I was a senior in high school. I inherited his 12 ga 870 pump. It was a first year production, made in 1950. I still have it. I even carried a 870 12 ga in Vietnam in 1969 as a combat photographer.

In the 64 years I've had Remingtons I owned probably 50 of their guns. Most of them made in the 50's or 60's. But in the past couple decades the newer models I've tried just didn't come up to the quality standards of their past guns.

But, unfortunately there's lots of other brands in the same situation. Things just aren't made as well as they used to. In the past I've had home central AC/Heat systems, and water heaters last 30 years. Now if you get 10 years out of one you're lucky.

I always look for the classic, older guns when thinking about picking one up. I just purchased a J. P. Sauer & Sohns Royal model 20 ga side by side shotgun made in Germany in 1963. Absolutely a beautiful, precision engineered, high quality shotgun.

GGS had nothing to do with it. Grow up

Seriously…I don’t think a gun should have to or can even keep up with the 100s of brands of guns that they sell warranties. That would be a full time job just tracking at a LGS.

Usually when a gun has a terrible flaw, I just bring it to a gunsmith to fix it with a better aftermarket part.

I’m a rem 700 fan boy, but three fixes that instantly come to mind with a 700 purchase is a new trigger, bolt handle timing, and new extractor.

If you really want it working, I wouldn’t worry about the warranty and bring it to a talented shotgun smith who could fix the problem for good.

There's nothing broken on the gun. I fired it twice to pattern it. So it doesn't need to go to the same gunsmith I take all my used guns to when they need service. It's a brand new product that doesn't have a warranty because the manufacturer went bankrupt. And the new company that formed with the same name as the old company doesn't recognize the previous warranty. So just letting it go.

Back
Top Bottom