Remington R1 .45

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
Met up with some buddies recently to do a little shooting and one of the guys had a Remington R1 1911 .45. I'll admit, this pistol has never been on my radar and can't say I've given it any consideration. Well, after running a handful of rounds through it, I walked away impressed. Fit and finish were very good and accuracy was excellent. I've been considering a Ruger SR1911 as my next .45, but now I'm leaning towards the R1 Enhanced. Anyone else feel the same about the R1?

P.S. - I already have a Colt 1911 so please don't tell me to ditch the R1 or SR1911 and buy a Colt. Thanks

Opinions on trigger vs. SR? The one I held had a lighter trigger but, the SR was smoother if that makes any sense, lol!

The trigger on the R1 certainly wasn't equal to a Gold Cup Match, but it wasn't chopped liver either. I have a Colt Combat Commander and the R1 trigger was lighter and cleaner breaking. I can't speak for the trigger on the SR, no experience on it.

I have I believe about 17-18 1911's.
The one thing that I can say about any 1911 that is not a custom (as in Baer/ Brown/ Wilson) is that it depends on the particular 1911 as to how well the trigger breaks, how crisp and how light it may be out of the box.
I actually have a Taurus PT1911 that has about as good of a trigger as my Colt combat elite, springer range officer or dan wesson.
actually the only triggers that I have had to tune up was a rock island tactical and a ATI Commander.
now I do not shoot competition so speaking of general duty and range fun.

Met up with some buddies recently to do a little shooting and one of the guys had a Remington R1 1911 .45. I'll admit, this pistol has never been on my radar and can't say I've given it any consideration. Well, after running a handful of rounds through it, I walked away impressed. Fit and finish were very good and accuracy was excellent. I've been considering a Ruger SR1911 as my next .45, but now I'm leaning towards the R1 Enhanced. Anyone else feel the same about the R1?

P.S. - I already have a Colt 1911 so please don't tell me to ditch the R1 or SR1911 and buy a Colt. Thanks

If you're still interested in these, Cherokee Gun and Pawn has them (as of this afternoon) for $399 NEW!! If I hadn't blown all of my discretionary funds over Black Friday, I would have absolutely picked one up.

Back
Top Bottom