Remington Model 8 bolt

davesorl11

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
52   0
Reaction score
Has any one here ever broke down a rem model 8 bolt? Got mine apart where I can grab the firing pin, but it wont come out. The firing pin is broke and their are no pins to take out to release it. Got it soaking in Kroil oil now, hoping it will release. Looks like this is a common problem with these rifles. Ordered a replacement pin from Numrich, wile the bolt is soaking I took off the butt plate on the stock and a piece of old "not used" toilet paper fell out with two replacement pins rolled up inside. Just my luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, just the ticket I needed. The retaining pin that was in the bolt was the wrong one, no taper, round all the way across. Thank goodness when the two extra pins fell out of the holes in the end of the butt stock, so did two retaining pins. Also there was no firing pin spring on the old pin. No problem though, when I ordered the new pin I also ordered a spring. Again thanks for the help. That site did not show up on the Yahoo search I did, Thank goodness for this site and all the good people on it!

Back
Top Bottom