• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington firearms moving global HQ to LaGrange Ga.

700s are still being made in NY but all rifle production will be coming to Lagrange based on an internal memo earlier this year.
Quality has improved based on the 2 receivers and one SDS 308 I've worked on this year. All 3 receivers were very square. Even back in the "good" days of Remington production you could lap the bolt lugs and barely get 30% contact. All 3 of the receivers I've worked on were 100% contact out of the box. Also the front of the receiver was square to the bolt..friggin perfect. All new 700s come with Timney triggers starting last month. They all have 5R rifling and many changes to barrel twist rates. No word on model 7 production..
I'm excited to see the new Alpha 1 coming later this year. It should be a nice upgrade over the 700 with many improvements.

Upper NY is Not NY city by a long stretch. I have visited family in Syracuse and the folks there are as pro gun as anywhere in GA. Hell i eat breakfast at a place which has a sign on the door stating firearms are Welcome! Well over half the folks are carrying..love it.

About time! Opening a manufacturing facility and approx 900 jobs. Nice catch for Georgia.

except for the probability that the taxpayers will be footing the start-up cost

except for the probability that the taxpayers will be footing the start-up cost

Maybe, but I don't see any mention of that in any of the articles I have read about this.

“They’ve also leased some office space in downtown LaGrange for some of their corporate activities,” said Thornton. “But then, over the course of the next several years, they will be building a campus.”

With the company investing $100 million in the project, creating 856 jobs over a five-year period in Troup County, officials say it will generate a huge economic impact.

The move also comes amid a surge in several other gun manufacturing companies relocating from the northeast due to strict gun laws. The officials News Leader 9 spoke with say that definitely played a role in why the company came to Georgia.

700s are still being made in NY but all rifle production will be coming to Lagrange based on an internal memo earlier this year.
Quality has improved based on the 2 receivers and one SDS 308 I've worked on this year. All 3 receivers were very square. Even back in the "good" days of Remington production you could lap the bolt lugs and barely get 30% contact. All 3 of the receivers I've worked on were 100% contact out of the box. Also the front of the receiver was square to the bolt..friggin perfect. All new 700s come with Timney triggers starting last month. They all have 5R rifling and many changes to barrel twist rates. No word on model 7 production..
I'm excited to see the new Alpha 1 coming later this year. It should be a nice upgrade over the 700 with many improvements.
wow that lug contact was pretty awful. I've seen a similar improvement with AK parts accuracy now that a decent company is CNCing them

Is the 700 being made in Georgia yet? I have been traditionally a Rem 700 “hater” but I want to buy one when I can get a made in GA model.

Upper NY is Not NY city by a long stretch. I have visited family in Syracuse and the folks there are as pro gun as anywhere in GA. Hell i eat breakfast at a place which has a sign on the door stating firearms are Welcome! Well over half the folks are carrying..love it.
What are they carrying? My wife has a place on Grindstone Island, NY. Getting a CC permit is next to impossible. You can't hardly buy ammo in NY anymore. And I sure haven't seen anyone carrying a shotgun or rifle around. Upstate is definitely pro gun and redneck.

Hope we don't get Huntsvilled!

Huntsville screws each and every business that operates in Huntsville and/or Madison County, AL, so they only just made a profit. There are so many taxes paid in that God-Forsaken City/State it's a wonder ANY business would ever locate in Alabama. Between Use Taxes, Business Privilege Taxes, Real Estate Taxes, Personal Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Utility Usage Taxes, after the abatements run out...so will the businesses because they can't afford to be fleeced annually. What a JOKE that state is from a business standpoint.

Huntsville screws each and every business that operates in Huntsville and/or Madison County, AL, so they only just made a profit. There are so many taxes paid in that God-Forsaken City/State it's a wonder ANY business would ever locate in Alabama. Between Use Taxes, Business Privilege Taxes, Real Estate Taxes, Personal Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Utility Usage Taxes, after the abatements run out...so will the businesses because they can't afford to be fleeced annually. What a JOKE that state is from a business standpoint.
I have tried to make the point before on here, and with no headway, that the main difference between the states’ disparate economic development is that Georgia’s government got out of the way sooner. Otherwise, Georgia and Georgians are in no way better than Alabama. Alabama’s interventionist BS in business is very outdated, but they’re getting better. I would guess Alabama is still incentivizing specific companies, which is the same BS model that NY is following.

Back
Top Bottom