• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 1100, 410 barrel depression and bulge

At sometime in the pass someone got something stuck in the barrel to cause the bulge. Look at rib post #4 and you can see where it lifted up. This is not from the factory.
Can you shoot it, probably,, could something go wrong and it blow up, probably, would I shoot it,, probably not.. Look for another barrel, there out there.

At sometime in the pass someone got something stuck in the barrel to cause the bulge. Look at rib post #4 and you can see where it lifted up. This is not from the factory.
Can you shoot it, probably,, could something go wrong and it blow up, probably, would I shoot it,, probably not.. Look for another barrel, there out there.

Good Advice!!

I bought a used Remington 1100, 410 yesterday. It's a really nice gun with the enhanced game scene roll engraving on the receiver. Nice wood, too. When cleaning it I discovered something strange with the barrel. About halfway between where the magazine lug ring is welded on and the muzzle there is both a 360 "dimple" all the way around the barrel, then just below that there is a tiny bulge about an inch long. There is no corresponding dimple or bulge in the rib, or inside the bore. And in the dimple there are multiple "dings" through the bluing. I got my first Remington shotgun in 1959 when I was 10. I've had many of them in the past 61 years and I have never seen anything like this in another barrel. Just wonder what it's from. I doubt it was being fired with a barrel obstruction as I would think these defects would be more catastrophic. Any ideas?

Rod

View attachment 3237619 View attachment 3237620 View attachment 3237621
Looks like a joint in an exhaust

I bought a used Remington 1100, 410 yesterday. It's a really nice gun with the enhanced game scene roll engraving on the receiver. Nice wood, too. When cleaning it I discovered something strange with the barrel. About halfway between where the magazine lug ring is welded on and the muzzle there is both a 360 "dimple" all the way around the barrel, then just below that there is a tiny bulge about an inch long. There is no corresponding dimple or bulge in the rib, or inside the bore. And in the dimple there are multiple "dings" through the bluing. I got my first Remington shotgun in 1959 when I was 10. I've had many of them in the past 61 years and I have never seen anything like this in another barrel. Just wonder what it's from. I doubt it was being fired with a barrel obstruction as I would think these defects would be more catastrophic. Any ideas?

Rod

View attachment 3237619 View attachment 3237620 View attachment 3237621
I did a little fast research and possibly yours is interchangeable with another model. The only 1100 in 410 that I found was over $350

Back
Top Bottom