• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 1100, 410 barrel depression and bulge

I tried the best with the bore photo, but the bore is so clean, without any dimples, or bulges, it's hard to see anything in the photo. And there is no dimple, ring, or bulge inside the barrel. I also took close ups of the barrel and rib in the opening between the rib posts where the dimple and bulge is. There is no "lifting" of the rib or posts on either side of the dimple or bulge. In the other photo that I took, down the barrel, one of the rib posts appears to be lifted, but that was just a shadow and the angle of the photo. Absolutely no lifting of the rib or posts in the damaged area. The previous owner shot this gun frequently for over 10 years without a problem. I plan to shoot it, too. But will keep an eye out for a replacement barrel. Just about every field grade 1100LW in 410 I have ever seen had a fixed choke and no Remchoke. Only in the recent Sporting 1100 in 410 have I seen Remchokes. So don't know how difficult it will be to find another 100LW 410, 25 inch VR barrel that takes Remchokes. Been looking on the internet and haven't seen one yet.

Rod

bore2.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG

I tried the best with the bore photo, but the bore is so clean, without any dimples, or bulges, it's hard to see anything in the photo. And there is no dimple, ring, or bulge inside the barrel. I also took close ups of the barrel and rib in the opening between the rib posts where the dimple and bulge is. There is no "lifting" of the rib or posts on either side of the dimple or bulge. In the other photo that I took, down the barrel, one of the rib posts appears to be lifted, but that was just a shadow and the angle of the photo. Absolutely no lifting of the rib or posts in the damaged area. The previous owner shot this gun frequently for over 10 years without a problem. I plan to shoot it, too. But will keep an eye out for a replacement barrel. Just about every field grade 1100LW in 410 I have ever seen had a fixed choke and no Remchoke. Only in the recent Sporting 1100 in 410 have I seen Remchokes. So don't know how difficult it will be to find another 100LW 410, 25 inch VR barrel that takes Remchokes. Been looking on the internet and haven't seen one yet.

Rod

View attachment 3243046 View attachment 3243047 View attachment 3243048
Wouldn’t the barrell on both guns fit.

I think just about any 1100LW 410 barrel would fit my receiver. Maybe not the 1100 Special Field. It has a shorter magazine tube than the 1100LW. I'm not familiar with the 1100 Sporting 410. Just seen the photos on the internet. The only difference I can read in the specs is the field model 1100 like mine has a 25 inch barrel, and the Sporting 1100 has a 27 inch barrel. Both barrel types have vent ribs, dual beads, and take Remchokes. I like the shorter barrels, so would want a 25 inch.
Rod

I had Remington special field 12,. rabbit hunting and shot at the rabbit an it poofed an the shot covered the rabbit . Rabbit still going so jacked in another a BOOM .Rabbit dead still thinking about the first shot being so weak, I looked at my gun an there it was ,the wad had stuck two inch's from the end .The second round blew it out, leaving a ring just like the one you got. Be willing to bet the same happen to yours. I still shoot it till this day lol

The inside of the bore is perfectly smooth and doesn't show any evidence of the dimple or bulge. So don't know exactly what a tool running down the bore would do. Also, I doubt a bore tool would help with the bulge in the outside of the barrel. All the imperfections or defects are only on the outside of this barrel.

Rod

Back
Top Bottom