• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reditt day traders upset stock market hedge funds and billion doller trader groups

The worse part about it is discord shutting down the “day trader” chat rooms citing white supremacy and hate speech. It’s amazing how those terms are thrown around so easily.
I imagine there was some hate speech directed toward the Hedge Funds, SEC, RobinHood, Vanguard, TDAmeritrade, and everyone else complicit in the shutdown. The reddit thread was epic today.

upload_2021-1-28_22-53-49.jpeg

To give more specific information, one particular hedge fund somehow shorted more GME stock than there actually exists, and did so with significant leverage. This means that just as their gains would have been much larger had the stock have gone down, their losses will also be much larger now that the stock is actually going up. If this continue at this rate then this hedge fund will lose tens of billions if not over a hundred billion dollars.

Wall Street isn't taking this without fighting back though. They got most major stock-buying apps, including Robin Hood, to prevent people from buying the GME stock but not prevent them from selling it (IE overt and most likely illegal stock market manipulation). The real kicker is that now the mainstream media is calling these GME buyers racists, Nazis, 'Trumpers', etc. Millions of people my age are getting red-pilled as to how hopelessly corrupt Wallstreet, the mainstream media, big tech, and government are.

To give more specific information, one particular hedge fund somehow shorted more GME stock than there actually exists, and did so with significant leverage. This means that just as their gains would have been much larger had the stock have gone down, their losses will also be much larger now that the stock is actually going up. If this continue at this rate then this hedge fund will lose tens of billions if not over a hundred billion dollars.

Wall Street isn't taking this without fighting back though. They got most major stock-buying apps, including Robin Hood, to prevent people from buying the GME stock but not prevent them from selling it (IE overt and most likely illegal stock market manipulation). The real kicker is that now the mainstream media is calling these GME buyers racists, Nazis, 'Trumpers', etc. Millions of people my age are getting red-pilled as to how hopelessly corrupt Wallstreet, the mainstream media, big tech, and government are.
Where has the MSM called them Nazis? I saw one dip**** say it wasn’t possible without Trumpism but missed the other sensationalism.

THIS is the Occupy Wall St. that should scare them.

Of course, some of the smartest people in the world work in trading houses. They’ll either outsmart, outspend, our cheat their way into winning. They ain’t losing $100B. We collectively can, sure, but they won’t.

Where has the MSM called them Nazis? I saw one dip**** say it wasn’t possible without Trumpism but missed the other sensationalism.

THIS is the Occupy Wall St. that should scare them.

Of course, some of the smartest people in the world work in trading houses. They’ll either outsmart, outspend, our cheat their way into winning. They ain’t losing $100B. We collectively can, sure, but they won’t.
It doesn't matter if you have $100 or $100,000,000,000; if you short a $17 stock on leverage and it goes up to $300+ then you're going to lose a LOT of money. They could get bailed out by the government after this is over and maybe change the laws so that they can secretly short stocks without anyone knowing to prevent this in the future, but there is no getting around the fact that unless the GME stock drops by 90+% of its stock and fast then that hedge fund is going to be short many billions of dollars.

I think currently the shorting of stocks can be done "in secret". At least there seems to be a lot of opacity as to who is shorting how much.

It's part grass roots protest, retail investor revolt, and weirdo bonfire party. I love it- bought a few shares earlier, waiting for that rocket to leave the stratosphere...

Back
Top Bottom