• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reditt day traders upset stock market hedge funds and billion doller trader groups

WildMan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
102   0
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag....-explained-wallstreetbets-melvin-capital.html

I've been watching and reading about this for a bit now and it's coming to a head.

Basically Gamestop which was failing as a company had many large groups short their stocks. (In simplest terms, they bet there money against gamestop)

The group at wallstreetbets on reddit has pumped the stock to extraordinary measures. Both creating money for themselves and costing hedge fund groups a TON of money. One of the groups had to have an injection of $100's of millions, likely in part due to this happening.

Its pretty interesting and what should be most of note is that leaders in the SEC are actually calling for regulations!!! The same group of people that are willingly complicit in large firms using similar tactics to control markets are now trying to more than ensure that wall street, not main street has all control.

I just googled and picked a site for the link, but it's a very interesting and important event that you will likely be hearing about in the days to come.

They are doing this to several companies including BlackBerry. A friend of mine bought 10,000 shares this morning and made 23% by close of business.

Yeh, it's insane. It's also an interesting critique on what a large portion of the market actually is. It's largely about what people think not actual productivity or value!

Yea... Who the Hell is Reddit? How can they can they make money on a forum...
Only the Wall Street Hedge funds can make money....... That’s not fair?...
The Nerve of those guys.. ps the locked that forum on Reddit

Yea... Who the Hell is Reddit? How can they can they make money on a forum...
Only the Wall Street Hedge funds can make money....... That’s not fair?...
The Nerve of those guys.. ps the locked that forum on Reddit

They did lock it. Which honestly is nuts and shows how far of inroads money and power can make.

Back
Top Bottom