• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Recommended "set-up" for AR/ M4 rifles

I picked up one of the Rogers stocks. I like it save for the QD attachment at the toe rather than the heel. At a natural hang, the butt rests somewhat under the chin/throat. That's something I've been told to be cautious of. Do you have any thoughts or tricks to change the way it hangs?

Where are you attaching the sling & do you have a pic?

No pics, but attaching to a Fortis RAP up fron on the gas block and running the rear over top of the stock and attaching to the opposite side per Kyle Lamb to avoid the choke out when shouldering support side.

I have not found a way to reduce the sling from somewhat constricting the throat area when switching from strong side to support side other than having some extra slack in it initially.
Would be interested to hear some other opinions on the subject.

Last edited:
I have not found a way to reduce the sling from somewhat constricting the throat area when switching from strong side to support side other than having some extra slack in it initially.
Would be interested to hear some other opinions on the subject.
I went the Pat Mac route with my setup. I'm still tinkering with this rifle trying to get it dialed in and I may change the forward mounting point of the sling.

image.jpeg

I like the regular MOE, not the CTR (although I don't have a problem with the CTR). My M4's aren't Sniper rifles, the stock wiggle doesn't bother me a bit. Once I have it shouldered, I've never noticed the wiggle.

I don't attach my slings to the stock, I attach them to the rear of the receiver, so the lack of attachment points isn't an issue for me.

I like the regular MOE, not the CTR (although I don't have a problem with the CTR). My M4's aren't Sniper rifles, the stock wiggle doesn't bother me a bit. Once I have it shouldered, I've never noticed the wiggle.

I don't attach my slings to the stock, I attach them to the rear of the receiver, so the lack of attachment points isn't an issue for me.
I like the rear receiver plate sling attachment it seems..for me to work out better and for shoulder swaps in single point mode

Here's the tip from KL (FF to 5:05). It can be necessary to actually activate the trigger with the support side hand in some course descriptions so I'm trying to be somewhat proficient that way. I noticed looking at it again that his sling is actually attached at the toe as well, but he doesn't let it hang free in this video. Maybe I should just keep my dental plan paid up and not sweat it too much.

I teach both methods of shooting from support side cover.

The method I show in the video above I call switching shoulders.

The other method I call switching sides. First you switch shoulders like in the video above. After that's accomplished, you swap hands. So, as a righty I would now have my left hand on the pistol grip/trigger and my right hand on the forearm.

Both methods have their place.

Back
Top Bottom