• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations I Need new coax run for comcast in 2 places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you actually with or signing with Comcast? Definitely more length than I've ever had to put down, but usually that's done at no additional cost IME.

God knows they have an easy monopoly in the cable sector.

So you’re with Comcast and you’re looking for 2 additional runs in the house? Does the $250 include the work/materials? If so, that’s not entirely unreasonable If the work is done right. In fact, it would be considered on cheap side pending on the work needed.

So you’re with Comcast and you’re looking for 2 additional runs in the house? Does the $250 include the work/materials? If so, that’s not entirely unreasonable If the work is done right. In fact, it would be considered on cheap side pending on the work needed.
He was saying they wanted $250 just to come out, not necessarily do any work. I think..

This neighborhood is finally getting high speed fiber optic internet. The only other option was 25 Mbps with Hughesnet.

I currently have Dish. The previous owners had direct tv and the Dish installer adopted the existing coax.

The idiot from Comcast didn’t install either the cable or the internet and he ****ed up my Dish install and my home security system.

I am keeping both cable and Dish because of the 2 year Dish contract.

I need 2 wires fished through the wall into the basement. The rest is easy.

One is from the living room down through the unfinished basement. The other is from the Master bedroom down into the same unfinished basement.

The total cable length is probably less than 200 feet

This neighborhood is finally getting high speed fiber optic internet. The only other option was 25 Mbps with Hughesnet.

I currently have Dish. The previous owners had direct tv and the Dish installer adopted the existing coax.

The idiot from Comcast didn’t install either the cable or the internet and he ****ed up my Dish install and my home security system.

I am keeping both cable and Dish because of the 2 year Dish contract.

I need 2 wires fished through the wall into the basement. The rest is easy.

One is from the living room down through the unfinished basement. The other is from the Master bedroom down into the same unfinished basement.

The total cable length is probably less than 200 feet
Just drop one cable from the easiest basement access and put in a splitter? Or come through the basement wall from outside cable box?

Where in VR are you? I’m in the same boat, in New Georgia. They want to charge me $500 to run a cable from the pole across the street to my pole and to my house.

I told them if that didn’t come with me signing up they could kick rocks, so they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom