• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Real estate rant..... ************!

A word of unsolicited advice- this worked for my sister in law when they bought last year just outside ATL city limits in a very desirable "up and coming" area..

A Buyer's Letter.

They wrote a letter talking about their family and wanted to grow their family and included pictures and this was the perfect house and neighborhood for them, blah blah blah. And the little old lady who was selling decided to sell it to them, even though she had all-cash offers above list with no inspections etc. They ended up buying it for list price and went through all the inspections and whatnot, because they tugged on the heart strings of the lady selling it.

I received one of those have pity on me letters accompanied with a less than listed price offer when I was selling my mom's house in 2019. I sold the house to the highest bidder.

A word of unsolicited advice- this worked for my sister in law when they bought last year just outside ATL city limits in a very desirable "up and coming" area..

A Buyer's Letter.

They wrote a letter talking about their family and wanted to grow their family and included pictures and this was the perfect house and neighborhood for them, blah blah blah. And the little old lady who was selling decided to sell it to them, even though she had all-cash offers above list with no inspections etc. They ended up buying it for list price and went through all the inspections and whatnot, because they tugged on the heart strings of the lady selling it.
And then they flipped it for $100,000 profit laughing at the old lady all the way to the bank?

And then they flipped it for $100,000 profit laughing at the old lady all the way to the bank?
No, they live there and just replaced the roof and are expanding their family as planned. They got removed from their previous rental because it became so valuable the landlord wanted to cash out. They offered to pay more in rent for higher property taxes etc, but the landlord said no, get out, I'm selling. Worst part is the landlord was a friend of theirs for many years. So they were between a rock and a hard place, and found a decent human in the universe that wasn't all about dolla bills. Both parties happy. The old lady got a pile of money and the buyers are raising a family there. Win Win.

No, they live there and just replaced the roof and are expanding their family as planned. They got removed from their previous rental because it became so valuable the landlord wanted to cash out. They offered to pay more in rent for higher property taxes etc, but the landlord said no, get out, I'm selling. Worst part is the landlord was a friend of theirs for many years. So they were between a rock and a hard place, and found a decent human in the universe that wasn't all about dolla bills. Both parties happy. The old lady got a pile of money and the buyers are raising a family there. Win Win.
My wife did essentially the same when she sold her mom’s house. Had investors bidding it up, sold it for less to a young couple with a new (first) baby.
They didn’t spin a sad tale, wife just thought a family should own the house. Figured her mom would have been happy, too.

Those sold listings on St Simons were for the lot. They will tear those little old houses down and spend $700k on a mcmansion in its place. Same happening in the historic neighborhoods in Athens.
LOL, true dat.
when we were considering a move to Raleigh, the realtor showing us around drove by a property inside their beltway. Beautiful house, realtor said it recently sold for $1.5 mil…. As a teardown.

A Buyer's Letter.

I did the same last May, well the wife did and it worked 100%

Reactions: dr9

A Buyer's Letter.

Yeah I've heard of that, but don't see myself writing a letter to a stranger begging them to sell me their home. Meet them and talk? Sure.
That's today. Tomorrow I may be willing to send nudes.
I just went to see a house that has NOTHING I said I wanted and exactly what I said I did NOT want, just in an effort to move. So, the concessions are starting to come fast and furious.

Back
Top Bottom