• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC USPSA fun

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
I joined USPSA and this was my first "official match" as well as the first time shooting my Phoenix Trinity Honcho in 40 to make major power factor. Now that I'm taking it a little more seriously than "just practice for three gun" I didn't think I shot as well as I could have but it was good enough to land in 3rd place in limited so that made me feel better lol

Shooting the swinger from the rear fault line with iron sights on stage 6 was pretty ballsy.

I presume that accounted for a few of your mikes on that stage?

Otherwise, looks like you had a solid outing.

Shooting the swinger from the rear fault line with iron sights on stage 6 was pretty ballsy.

I presume that accounted for a few of your mikes on that stage?

Otherwise, looks like you had a solid outing.
Lol yeah that was a hero or zero move for sure I had a Mike and c on the swinger and one Mike on that top paper with the no shoot in the middle. I think game plan wise and execution I did ok i am still trying to find that sweet spot of accuracy and speed although I had a little over 100 A zone hits but more deltas and mikes than I would have liked. Also getting use to the 40 will take a little adjustment but not much

i am still trying to find that sweet spot of accuracy and speed although I had a little over 100 A zone hits but more deltas and mikes than I would have liked.

Mason Lane's "Finding 100" is a good one for this. Set up a drill and shoot it several times each at what you consider to be your 80% (deliberate), 90% (match), and 100% (full-send) pace. Commit to a pace before each run, and shoot each several times. Calculate an aggregate hit factor for each pace and see what you learn.

We started on Stage 6, which made for a nice test of cold-shooting ability

Mason Lane's "Finding 100" is a good one for this. Set up a drill and shoot it several times each at what you consider to be your 80% (deliberate), 90% (match), and 100% (full-send) pace. Commit to a pace before each run, and shoot each several times. Calculate an aggregate hit factor for each pace and see what you learn.

We started on Stage 6, which made for a nice test of cold-shooting ability
That makes sense and I wonder if the results would surprise me

Back
Top Bottom