• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Questionable Sell & the Consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambammep

Air Force Icon Lifetime Supporter
General Mayhem
29   0
Reaction score
Good morning fellow ODT'ers. Yesterday an interesting event happened in the Handgun forum and I would like your thoughts and input. An individual listed a Glock 42 for sale Wednesday at 12:40 pm for the unbelievable price of $400.00. Lots of people responded, PM's sent, and the wait began. The seller fell of the radar, not responding to anything. Finally, the seller edited his posting at 10:49pm Wednesday evening to a price of $450.00 and posted a thread..."This was a test & only a test". I see now that this individual has been tagged with a "Dunce Hat" icon with the words above it..."I'm in Timeout". Is this what happens to someone who doesn't honor his initial seller's post and misleads the truly great members and visitors of this site? This is first time I've seen something like this occur. My hats off to everyone behind the scenes who works hard to weed out the dishonest individuals and a very big "Thank You" to the truly honest people who make this site what it is. Let the discussion begin. Here's the link... :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
No real harm, no real foul. It was a favor done that another underpowered 380 wasn't released into the wild...kidding! At the very least his experiment was revealed soon; I waited a week to trade with another member, being as flexible and patient as possible, then no response. I get this is not a life or death site but a week of teasing then no response and its still listed for sale? What should you do there? Benefit of the doubt, duty calls, more important things to attend to? Or lambaste him for wasting my time? I'm keeping my mouth shut but learned a cheap lesson about his character. If he's this potentially dishonest without even meeting, how bad would the trade have gone. Keep liars close, they will keep you en grade. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom