• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

question of trust

Yeah, i'm not really feeling the $355. i heard Doug used to whip one up for $150-$200. Im still on my search for lawyer options. I'd prefer to not set it up myself and risk it getting rejected on a purchase.

Yeah, i'm not really feeling the $355. i heard Doug used to whip one up for $150-$200. Im still on my search for lawyer options. I'd prefer to not set it up myself and risk it getting rejected on a purchase.

Its not difficult to set it up yourself. LaxGuy has some documents you can use that's in a sticky. EZ Breazy.

I paid doug king 100$...... Took him all of no time to do it. quicken will maker can be had for 30$ or less. Just saying

I might end up doing that. I dont know about using quicken tho. Ive heard of forms/purchases getting rejected based on those. Sorry OP for thread-jacking

Well I paid less than the amounts listed in this thread with Doug King. I was one of his first customers back in the day. I have also recently worked with Roy Baker to make some amendments with my Trust, and based on my discussions with Roy, I would not hesitate to pay the $300+. In fact I am going to have him completely redo my trust at some point when I do not have items pending. When I did my trust, I did not have a kid. Now I do, and I want to make sure my child inherits my items.

Roy gives you a very comprehensive trust that is over 30+ pages long, and NFA trusts is all he does. If you are just a single guy, then it probably would not hurt to go a cheaper route. But if you are concerned about inheritance of your items to your kids, adding removing trustees, etc., then get the more comprehensive trust. You will be able to protect your items for generations. Plus if the ATF ever raises any concerns about your trust, you have a lawyer backing you up instead of standing alone.

Think about it... you are talking about spending $300 to protect 1000s of dollars worth of items. A good trust is no different than a good safe. Plus Roy is a sponser of Georgia Carry, and we should always support our friends in the firearm industry as long as they provide good service and are ethical. That's my 2 cents. YMMV.

Well I paid less than the amounts listed in this thread with Doug King. I was one of his first customers back in the day. I have also recently worked with Roy Baker to make some amendments with my Trust, and based on my discussions with Roy, I would not hesitate to pay the $300+. In fact I am going to have him completely redo my trust at some point when I do not have items pending. When I did my trust, I did not have a kid. Now I do, and I want to make sure my child inherits my items.

Roy gives you a very comprehensive trust that is over 30+ pages long, and NFA trusts is all he does. If you are just a single guy, then it probably would not hurt to go a cheaper route. But if you are concerned about inheritance of your items to your kids, adding removing trustees, etc., then get the more comprehensive trust. You will be able to protect your items for generations. Plus if the ATF ever raises any concerns about your trust, you have a lawyer backing you up instead of standing alone.

Think about it... you are talking about spending $300 to protect 1000s of dollars worth of items. A good trust is no different than a good safe. Plus Roy is a sponser of Georgia Carry, and we should always support our friends in the firearm industry as long as they provide good service and are ethical. That's my 2 cents. YMMV.

Great point. you get what you pay for. . .

I also recommend Roy due to the aforementioned sentiments: out of state trustees, multiple trustees/beneficiaries, and the reality that I have to move often. Roy sets up a comprehensive trust, is easily accessible to answer any questions and make amendments. I also see the trust as insurance when dealing with Feds given the fact that a simple mistake may cost hundreds of dollars and future delays especially considering that thousands of dollars may ultimately be tied up within a trust.

I have used Roy Baker, and he is excellent. I have tried tinkering around with the Quicken trust software, and let me tell you, Roy's Trust is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, and specifically taylored to NFA needs. A Quicken trust may get you your weapon, but it won't protect you (and your heirs) from ALL KINDS of legal problems in the event you die, become incapacitated, etc.

Roy charges around $350, and it is well worth it. He will answer all your questions, and he's just easy to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom