• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for Real Estate Agents (or other knowledgeable persons)

ucgz

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
31   0
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a home without a real estate agent. I know that ideally I would hire an agent but I am a recent college grad and have limited funds. The seller's agent is would have us believe that in today's market it is customary for the buyer to pay closing costs. When we've bought and sold in the past, the seller covered closing costs and I want to make sure that my experience is in line with the norm in Georgia. In your experience, what percentage of the time do the buyers cover closing costs? I am happy to do what's fair, but don't want to be taken advantage of. In your opinion, which closing costs does the seller usually cover in Georgia.

All relative.
It depends on property and how desperate the owner is to sell.
If the property is highly sought after, buyers might pay closing. If not much interest, the seller will cover costs to rid themselves of the property.
I'm not a realtor but I have flipped houses in the past.

The longer this goes on, the more it becomes a buyers market. I heard a report on real estate brokers that said traffic had ground to a complete stop, no body wants to look at houses out of fear of covid. Younger agents are doing showings for older agents who are staying home.

The person that pays them gets the tax deduction....you may or may not be able to make use of the deduction.

Just a generalization, but I believe that the more expensive the property is, the more likely it is that the buyer pays the closing cost.

I made an offer on a piece of property 1.80 acres with a small house on a lake, buyer turned it down, She is just waiting because it had not been listed too long . The Real Estate lady said the woman messed up if she wanted to sell as it will rapidly go down hill as jobs being lost and market falls. I has cash in hand and didn't have to finance either. You know offers can go down or away. Of course it depends on whether you're buying or selling on anything.

Maybe you should cut the realtor out all together and deal directly with the homeowner. Work it out between you and you both save money.

I’m a real estate agent (qualifying broker of my firm to be exact). I have been for the last 13 years....

Here are some things I want to make sure you are aware of:

- you as the buyer do not have to pay commission when you buy a house with a buyers agent (hire an agent to help you find a house) If someone told you different, they are either very misinformed or lying for some reason.
The seller of the house pays a commission to their listing agent to list their home (that amount varies but has no effect on you). The agent working for you gets paid from the seller’s agent. It DOES NOT cost you anything to work with a buyer agent.

- I always recommend working with a buyer agent. It costs you nothing and you are protected by having them do all the legwork for you ( offer, negotiation, contract, due diligence, escrow, inspection, closing). I would never recommend going at it alone, (especially if you are a first time buyer).

- Whoever pays the closing costs is highly negotiable, especially right now. I can explain in more detail if you would like.

Send me a PM and I can give you a more complete rundown if you would like; I’d love to speak with you if you are open to it!

Best Regards

Nash Petusky
404-550-2360

Back
Top Bottom