• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for diesel guys.

Yes it is supposed to be labeled. Some Walmart's have bio-diesel.
I just read that there is no requirement to label it on gas pumps if it contains biodiesel.

I just talked my buddy about this and he says he uses Offroad fuel and pump diesel in his tractor but ironically it’s in the shop right now for fuel related problems….Dayam.

I just read that there is no requirement to label it on gas pumps if it contains biodiesel.

I just talked my buddy about this and he says he uses Offroad fuel and pump diesel in his tractor but ironically it’s in the shop right now for fuel related problems….Dayam.
Yeah, don't get caught running off road diesel in on road trucks, automatic fine on $5000.00 It might be more now. But most places will show if it's bio-diesel. Bio-diesel isn't the same as off road diesel. Off road diesel will have a red dye in it, that's why I say if D.O.T. catches off road in you on road diesel it's a fine.I use off road in my John Deere tractor.

This may be a really stupid question but I’ve recently acquired a vehicle that runs on diesel.

I just picked up some diesel from a local gas station that most likely sells a lot of diesel as it’s in farm country but I was kinda curious because the fuel hardly has any smell at all.
I always remembered diesel having a very distinct smell but this stuff is freaking me out.

I know that diesel is now low sulfur but I’m not sure if it is so odorless now.

Hoping I didn’t get a jug full of water.

I would have preferred to go to a truck stop
That sells tons of diesel but none nearby.
I am not supposed to say this on here, but the diesel fuel has no color either

It is my understanding that it can be up to 5% biodiesel and not be differentiated. Any more than that and there should be some sort of notification as such.

Back
Top Bottom