• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

question about glock

snappy recoil, ammo isn't as cheap as 9mm.

Snappy recoil my a$$....Everyone says this, but I shoot my G23 at a much higher proficiency level than the other several 9mm glocks I have had....Maybe I was just made for the .40...lol...I reload so I dont really keep up with the ammo cost part.

Snappy recoil my a$$....Everyone says this, but I shoot my G23 at a much higher proficiency level than the other several 9mm glocks I have had....Maybe I was just made for the .40...lol...I reload so I dont really keep up with the ammo cost part.

Good for you, now calm down. He asked a question and I answered it. I prefer 40 myself

.40 cal snappy repetition I honestly think has more to do with the platform you are shooting it in, some seem to have a heavier and snappier recoil impulse then others. However, with a lot of ammo manufactures going to heavier 180, 200gr bullets over the 135, 155, and 165gr bullets of years past, .40 loads recoil has increased in many loadings over the years as companies try to come closer to the stopping power of the .45ACP. I have shot 180gr FMJs out of mine and then compared then with 165gr defensive loads the 180grs did have more perceived recoil. The trend for heavier bullets I think has made many people feel that the recoil impulse is snappy and heavy.

As far as 10MM over .40 cal. I find the 10MM recoil impulse to be longer and a little less snappy albeit heavier in it's impact. Though honestly I feel the 10MM is a more accurate round over the .40cal. Don't ask why, I just can group a 10mm tighter then any .40.

.40 cal snappy repetition I honestly think has more to do with the platform you are shooting it in, some seem to have a heavier and snappier recoil impulse then others. However, with a lot of ammo manufactures going to heavier 180, 200gr bullets over the 135, 155, and 165gr bullets of years past, .40 loads recoil has increased in many loadings over the years as companies try to come closer to the stopping power of the .45ACP. I have shot 180gr FMJs out of mine and then compared then with 165gr defensive loads the 180grs did have more perceived recoil. The trend for heavier bullets I think has made many people feel that the recoil impulse is snappy and heavy.

As far as 10MM over .40 cal. I find the 10MM recoil impulse to be longer and a little less snappy albeit heavier in it's impact. Though honestly I feel the 10MM is a more accurate round over the .40cal. Don't ask why, I just can group a 10mm tighter then any .40.

I'm with you on the groups. I can do better with both .380 and .45. As far as recoil I swear the 135, 155, 165 are way snappier than the 180. Every 40 I owned was loaded with Winchester PDX1 180gr

Good for you, now calm down. He asked a question and I answered it. I prefer 40 myself
Ha I wasn't mad it was more of a sarcastic thing...lol...Na, everyone likes what they like, and what I shoot best others may hate, and vice versa...lol Just joking around. Thats the problems with any text based communications emotional intent is non existent...lol

The only Glock I have ever shot was a G23. It's recoil was much easier than the other 40's I've fired (24/7,Bersa,SD,Sigma,P250) but nothing beats the SR IMHO. I'm sure the Witness line wouldn't be too bad either with their low barrel axis types.

Back
Top Bottom