• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about buffer

ZedsDead

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
186   7
Reaction score
What buffer would you guys suggest for a m4v7 it came with H. Shoot moslty higher grain hunting rounds. Looking for the one that would make it more reliable and softer shooting

May want to jump up to H2 or H3. Typically the heavier the nicer to shoot, until it doesn’t. Then you know it’s to heavy. Then youll start to look at adjustable gas blocks to really dial it in.

Most 16" AR's run nice with an H2 buffer.

If softer shooting and more reliable is your goal, then your best bet is to upgrade your buffer system to the Vltor A5. That's a new receiver extension (buffer tube), with a Vltor A5H2 buffer, and rifle buffer spring (I recommend the Sprinco "green").

Stay away from adjustable gas blocks. No reason to run one on a 16" 5.56.

If softer shooting and more reliable is your goal, then your best bet is to upgrade your buffer system to the Vltor A5. That's a new receiver extension (buffer tube), with a Vltor A5H2 buffer, and rifle buffer spring (I recommend the Sprinco "green").

That's what I was going to suggest!:D:bull_head:

Agreed. A5 is the way. It’s even what I run on my PCC’s.

Well I’m a poor so I didn’t know that DD was a 16” ha! But def need to check out the A5. Would this benefit a short barrel suppressed as well?

Back
Top Bottom