• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question About a Car Warranty

For your case make sure you have a Ford employee stating that they made that mistake. Your case will be made. I'm talking text, in writing or recording for evidence in court. It shouldn't need to go that far, but you have to be prepared

What an absolute load of bull****. No warranty starts at the time of manufacture that I’m aware of it starts on the purchase date. Shady as **** she should tell him to **** off and go pickup her car with the spare key.

I used to sell cars and be and was finance manager as well. The warranty starts from the day to purchase. If the car sets on the lot 6 months that doesn't take 6 months off the warranty. If they give you a quote within the warranty date and they keep the car and it falls out of date it is on them to honor the price that they quoted when you first went in. End of story. Now if the car has 4500 miles on it then you forfeit those miles on the warranty however the drivetrain warranty as far as time goes is from the date of purchase.

They screwed up and the service managers just trying to keep the general manager from going up inside of them and breaking one off. Stick to your guns and make them honor the price they quoted on the phone or in person if you visited one of the other. That could be construed as bait and switch and you could file suit on the dealership.

My daughter ( in Texas) was gifted a 2012 Ford Focus hatchback, by an elderly lady that she helps. (My daughter shops, runs errands and takes her to doctor visits). The vehicle has 58,000 miles on it. The car quit going in reverse about 5 weeks ago. The TCM (transmission control module) was the source of the problem. A Ford dealership said that the part was under warranty (I think 80K or 10 years) and would be repaired for free.
My daughter agreed that they could do the work. The vehicle sat at the dealership awaiting the part for 5 wks . A few days ago the dealership called my daughter and told her the car was repaired and was ready to be picked up. She arranged to pick it up later in the day. A few hours later the dealership called again and told my daughter that the repair would cost $1700.00, and that the warranty would NOT cover the cost. The Manager said the the warranty time limit started from the build date on the car (09/2011), therefore the warranty for the part had expired. He apologized for the "mix-up" and said he would take $1000.00 off the price of the repair. (He had previously assured her the repair WAS covered)

I know dealerships commit shenanigans, but my question is this.. When does a car warranty start, from the build date, the model year or the date the car is purchased? I apologize if the post seems a little disorganized..

Car dealers are scum from the get go.
Their entire reason for being to to separate as much money as possible from you and your wallet.
Dirty tricks and underhanded deals are just a day at the office for them.
They're right above lawyers as the lowest forms of life on earth.
I'd fight it just on principal alone.

Call Ford directly. Go straight over the dealership. They get graded by Ford and Ford don’t like bad publicity from their dealers. The dealership gets rewarded for things like number of vehicles sold and number of happy customers. Why do you think you get a survey every time you take one in for service?

Back
Top Bottom