• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PTSD

PTSD isn't always from armed forces....allow me to resurrect my story I shared a while back...
PS.....it's a long read best suited for the 💩'er.

All jokes aside, I don't doubt PTSD is real at all.

If you're a good human being with a good soul, then seeing other humans destroy each other damages your soul I'm sure.

We're not meant to destroy each other, especially when the men on the ground doing the destroying and receiving the destroying don't really even understand what the objective is.

In the old days, man went to Battle they knew exactly who their enemy was and why they must destroy them. It was survival,
your soul can live with that I believe.

But seeing destruction, just for the sake of greed or something bigger than you can understand, not knowing if you're the good guy or not, I have no doubt damages your soul. We're not ment to function like that.

It's why I'm so anti-war. The cost of it goes way deeper than we can imagine.

All jokes aside, I don't doubt PTSD is real at all.

If you're a good human being with a good soul, then seeing other humans destroy each other damages your soul I'm sure.

We're not meant to destroy each other, especially when the men on the ground doing the destroying and receiving the destroying don't really even understand what the objective is.

In the old days, man went to Battle they knew exactly who their enemy was and why they must destroy them. It was survival,
your soul can live with that I believe.

But seeing destruction, just for the sake of greed or something bigger than you can understand, not knowing if you're the good guy or not, I have no doubt damages your soul. We're not ment to function like that.

It's why I'm so anti-war. The cost of it goes way deeper than we can imagine.
I've listened to a lot of podcasts with these guys who've done a lot of time in the desert, from grunts to special ops. And yeah, most of them share the feeling of, "I don't even know this guy I'm about to kill" "I just know it's me or him" and "He's just fighting for something he believes in just like I am" Definitely not all of them feel this way but it seems to be a good number of these guys experience some form of regret or second thoughts about it. Sort of like they had an awaking and realized maybe it's not so black and white. No doubt there are some horrible people out there that need some killin, but you're talking goat farmers that had families getting pushed in to it or they'll kill their family too. Some of them didn't want war either.

If he uses the term, it's fine by me. I wouldn't cold drop the term in a group I didn't know. However, most veterans have a dark sense of humor. Not just those outside the wire. You want to hear some salty, dark humor; hang around fighter aircraft maintainers.

They're all types of PTSD. TBI, sexual trauma, complex PTSD. I think veterans will get it. I'll use the term next time I talk with my doctor and see what he thinks. I imagine he'll like.

Best thing to remember, is that everyone is different and copes differently. Know and understand the person you're talking with.

If he uses the term, it's fine by me. I wouldn't cold drop the term in a group I didn't know. However, most veterans have a dark sense of humor. Not just those outside the wire. You want to hear some salty, dark humor; hang around fighter aircraft maintainers.

They're all types of PTSD. TBI, sexual trauma, complex PTSD. I think veterans will get it. I'll use the term next time I talk with my doctor and see what he thinks. I imagine he'll like.

Best thing to remember, is that everyone is different and copes differently. Know and understand the person you're talking with.
I've always love the bumper sticker "SUPPORT MENTAL ILLNESS OR I'LL KILL YOU!!"

Back
Top Bottom