• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PTSD

Nah, if he has it, he has it, each person deals with it differently, if he saw combat, he has a right to call it what ever he wants. I meet with a PTSD group each week. Some have problems dealing with it, they're recovering alcoholics , substance abusers etc. others have come to grip with it, there's technically no cure (as of now) for it. It's a disease of the mind. I deal with mine by not dwelling on the past, but of the future. I can't change what has been, but I can change what will be. Sadly, my wife died in January of this year, she was the ying to my yang and her Father was a medic in Normandy on D Day, so she understood as a child what it was like dealing with a Veteran and she understood what I had gone thru in 67-68 in the Mekong and 69 in Walter Reed, when I felt anger, she'd just hold me and whisper, "Just let it go, I love you", you can't find another one like that. At least your friend has a sense of humor and that's a good thing, in todays world too many of us lose that, good for him and good luck :thumb:

Nah, if he has it, he has it, each person deals with it differently, if he saw combat, he has a right to call it what ever he wants. I meet with a PTSD group each week. Some have problems dealing with it, they're recovering alcohols , substance abusers etc. others have come to grip with it, there's technically no cure (as of now) for it. It's a disease of the mind. I deal with mind by not dwelling on the past, but of the future. I can't change what has been, but I can change what will be. Sadly, my wife died in January of this year, she was the ying to my yang and her Father was a medic in Normandy on D Day, so she understood as a child what it was like dealing with a Veteran and she understood what I had gone thru in 67-68 in the Mekong and 69 in Walter Reed, when I felt anger, she'd just hold me and whisper, "Just let it go, I love you", you can't find another one like that. At least your friend has a sense of humor and that's a good thing, in todays world too many of us lose that, good for him and good luck :thumb:
Thank you for your service, your father in law’s service and your perspective on the issue. Sorry for your loss and you remain in my prayers. You’ve been there for awhile now.

Wow, someone said something perceptively humorous and light-hearted about a serious issue. Surely some brave white-knight will inform him of his error.

This crowd makes fun of the Left for being too sensitive but something that's too close to their home is off-limits or "not something I would joke around with?" Can't have it both ways.

Nah I get it. One of my coworkers is an Iraq veteran, multiple tours, and he's pretty open about his PTSD and crazy stuff he went through there and "jokes" about it himself sometimes. It's how he deals with it among other ways. I'm not sure everyone would appreciate it but I think everyone handles it differently is my takeaway. A lot of those guys have dark sense of humors to cope with things.

Nah I get it. One of my coworkers is an Iraq veteran, multiple tours, and he's pretty open about his PTSD and crazy stuff he went through there and "jokes" about it himself sometimes. It's how he deals with it among other ways. I'm not sure everyone would appreciate it but I think everyone handles it differently is my takeaway. A lot of those guys have dark sense of humors to cope with things.
My buddy too. 16 years with the Marine Corps and multiple tours to the dunes.

Just to try and shed a little light on it, he wasn’t making fun or joking around about ptsd. He was trying to DESCRIBE it. Seems like a creative and accurate description. Even for a Marine… 🤣👍

You’re all too sensi.

I’m about to bang a hooker, do coke off her ass, drink till I blackout, and then stand in front of my window staring into the abyss wondering where it all went wrong.

I’m handling everything in a very healthy and positive manner. My honorary battle buddy, Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert will back me up.

Back
Top Bottom