• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA 1911 build

I see. Yeah, I looked everywhere last night and kept finding the 20LPI 30, 40, 50, and 75 all at reasonable prices elsewhere on the web but no 25! I guess Brownells has some sort of exclusivity thing going....and its out of stock! My MSH is 25 and I prefer it over 20 and 30 so I will just patiently wait.

So how's this going? I saw that the frames and slides are back in stock

I've been traveling a lot lately so I haven't been able to do anything else. A couple of guys on here are going to assist me with the rest of the barrel fitting. After that, all that's left is putting the sights on and staking the tube. I'll definitely post up some pics as soon as there is some progress. Hopefully next weekend. Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you thinking of picking up a frame or slide from PSA?

Ok guys went out and shot mine (PSA 1911 two tone) today and WOW what a performer, was a fun day at the range.
This 45 shot one inch high and slightly left of center.
I shot my Ruger 1911 to make sure it was not me but the sights needed to be moved.
Moved the sight over very little and it is Dead on at 12 yards.
I have put over 200 rounds down the pipe with no hiccups today.
Today I shot a mixed bag of ammo thru it ranging from lead ball to Hollow points to wad cutters I mixed up 3 mags to see if I could make it jam and this thing just ate all I could throw at it.
I used several different magazines too.
The first 6 shots about 4 weeks ago was Cruddy as I had to polish the ramp, this was at my Brothers house, but today was the first day I could get back to the range and shoot my new 1911 that I Built.
Was a great day and had a lot of fun.
The largest group was 4in and the smallest was about 1inch but consistent was around 2in groups.

Ok guys went out and shot mine (PSA 1911 two tone) today and WOW what a performer, was a fun day at the range.
This 45 shot one inch high and slightly left of center.
I shot my Ruger 1911 to make sure it was not me but the sights needed to be moved.
Moved the sight over very little and it is Dead on at 12 yards.
I have put over 200 rounds down the pipe with no hiccups today.
Today I shot a mixed bag of ammo thru it ranging from lead ball to Hollow points to wad cutters I mixed up 3 mags to see if I could make it jam and this thing just ate all I could throw at it.
I used several different magazines too.
The first 6 shots about 4 weeks ago was Cruddy as I had to polish the ramp, this was at my Brothers house, but today was the first day I could get back to the range and shoot my new 1911 that I Built.
Was a great day and had a lot of fun.
The largest group was 4in and the smallest was about 1inch but consistent was around 2in groups.

Awesome to hear! I've stalled on my build but plan on resuming real soon and it will be a sprint to the end. Post up some final pics of that two tone beauty!

Back
Top Bottom