• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PS3 is over heating??

Use the self-cleaning feature and see if that helps. I don't remember how to activate it, but it does exist. It kicks the fans into Overdrive for something like 5 seconds. You'd be amazed how well it works.

Google PS3 Self-cleaning feature.

I have a PS3 Supper slim, only had it for 3 months and now its over heating after one COD match(45min of use). Its not boxed in or anything its sitting on top of a self with lots of room to breath. It gets really hot even to the touch then just locks up and you have to unplug it. I looked and there is no dust or dirt in the fan or on it. I have no clue whats going on. Any info would be a great help.

On a side note I got it from Kmart brand new, this is not a used PS3
I bought my son a Play-Station 3, when they first came out. He used it 24-7 and then it over-heated, and a STEADY YELLOW LIGHT will come on soon. Take, it back to Walmart you bought a bad system, or for $99 you can ge t it fixed at Discovery Mills.

Geez, 3 pages in and not one PC master racer. Debating which console implies that one actually cares about performance... but we know you don't, otherwise you'd own a PC. :boink:

If the fan(s?) work and the intake/exhausts are not blocked, then bad thermal paste (not "heat sink gel" WTF) is the only thing it could be. If it were me, I'd pop the thing open and fix it myself... but then again, I'm not a console kiddie ;)

Flame suit on!

EDIT: wtf, don't bump 1-year old threads

Back
Top Bottom