• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Proposed Shooting Facility Support Rome, GA

I supported it, and will continue to support it.

I’ve been sharing this info with friends and associates to generate as much support as possible.

I would be fine if this facility were so close to my house that I could hear the gunfire. As a matter of fact, I would prefer it.

Up until fairly recently , I lived very close to a range. It was a LE training facility, and as such they even shot late at night for lowlight training. On a clear night, I could even hear the commands from the tower.

Never bothered me. I like the sound of gunfire.

I’m not so self-centered that I would support ranges and training, as long as they aren’t near MY house.

That’s the sound of freedom, boys.
My FIL (aka "Crazy Tommy from Travelers Rest" on the Mike Gallagher radio show) owned a range up in Travelers Rest, SC and I'd set up a hammock between pines on the shelf above the old granite mine pit and sleep deeply to the sounds of rifle and pistol fire coming from down below. It was heaven on earth.

e
My FIL (aka "Crazy Tommy from Travelers Rest" on the Mike Gallagher radio show) owned a range up in Travelers Rest, SC and I'd set up a hammock between pines on the shelf above the old granite mine pit and sleep deeply to the sounds of rifle and pistol fire coming from down below. It was heaven on earth.

I was sitting just behind the 2500m firing line at Arena Training Facility years ago. In a folding chair, with my spotting scope, waiting on folks to ask for help. We had a couple dozen shooters, shooting everything from .308 to .50BMG.

I fell asleep.

e

I was sitting just behind the 2500m firing line at Arena Training Facility years ago. In a folding chair, with my spotting scope, waiting on folks to ask for help. We had a couple dozen shooters, shooting everything from .308 to .50BMG.

I fell asleep.
I've always loved rifle fire and artillery firing. Probably why I'm deaf as a post now.

This is almost next door to me. PLEASE don’t support this!!!

Believe it or not people do live in the narrows and the hills all around there. We already hear enough from the local range.

Your location by zip code is Stone Mountain, how the hell is Rome Ga close to you.

Seriously though. I went to Red, White & Blue Gun Club's range in Tennille, an hour and seven minutes from my house on Saturday. I asked to join IMMEDIATELY when I saw the range. $60/year with 100, 200, 300, 600 & 1000 yard target lines and steel hanging all over the place with room to place your own if you want. I'm thinking of moving to Tennille, LOL.
1655170513794.png

Back
Top Bottom