• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project for a kid.

crbrumbelow

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
4   0
Reaction score
My wife and I have helped raise an 11 year old boy since he was 6 weeks old. I have kept him fishing and in the woods
since he was old enough to walk. Recently he inherited a Winchester model 67.22 rifle that is in very neglected shape.
It shoots really good from what I can tell. He hardly misses with it.

I have a favor to ask of you fellow ODT'ers. His family is, well, really poor and I am recovering from being out of
work for 5 months. Would any of you donate your time and maybe a few materials to bring this rifle back to an
eye pleasing state. It is rusty and the stock has a small split in the fore end but I think it is pretty salvageable.
It needs re-bluing and stock needs refinishing and a butt plate. It doesnt have to be fancy just funtional.
I dont have a shop or tools and materials anymore and my wallet just cant afford to have it completely done.
He is a great kid and makes A-B honor roll every semester and is super polite and respectful to everyone and it would thrill him
have his rifle fixed up.

If anyone is interested I am in Thomaston which is just West of Macon and I would prefer not to do any shipping, so the
closer the better. Please pm me for more info if interested in helping.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I am in Thomaston... If you havent found anyone to work on the rifle.. Give me a call/text. It would be my pleasure to help you with this.. JOSH. 706-975-8052. PM SENT

Way to go ODT! This is why I am so glad I found this site. Although I am in North Georgia if parts or materials are needed, I would be honored to help source and provide them.

Anyone know how much a composite stock would cost and is there one available for this gun? Just thunking out loud at the moment but if there's one available cheap enough, maybe a few of us could go together and ship one to him?

Anyone know how much a composite stock would cost and is there one available for this gun? Just thunking out loud at the moment but if there's one available cheap enough, maybe a few of us could go together and ship one to him?

Get a parts list of what needs replacing.

Back
Top Bottom