• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Problem With A Buyer

You gave him your home address????????????????? You are kidding, right? If not, I hope it is someone with a lot of good feedbacks.. He may show up one day when you least expect it and not go buy.

I had someone contact me through this site to buy a rifle from me. We haggled on price and eventually struck a deal. He agreed to drive to meet me. He texted me at 1:15 saying he was an hour and a half away and there has been radio silence ever since. I've sent him multiple texts trying to rouse him with no success. It is now 4:00 with no contact.

I was ready to make a deal and even gave him my home address to let him test fire it. However, I would rather keep the rifle than sit and wait on my porch all day.

I guess I'm just fired up because how can you haggle and talk turkey and then just drop off the board like that?

Has anyone else had this issue? Would I be wrong to be an ass to him at this point and raise the price?
:confused:

You Gave him your address? WTH? I don't know who it is but Never give your home address to a stranger. That guy or someone he knowsmay be visiting you tonight and he ain't payin cash. I am almost hoping this is a joke

You Gave him your address? WTH? I don't know who it is but Never give your home address to a stranger. That guy or someone he knowsmay be visiting you tonight and he ain't payin cash. I am almost hoping this is a joke

never give a stranger your address, i trust a lot of people on the odt but my address tends only to be given to those i trust the most which is a very small group

All though 99% of the folks I've delt with here, are great people, I've had some weird stuff happen. What is it with people that will PM and say "I want the gun. Can you meet in a hour?" No questions about the firearm, no haggling or counter offer....nuthin'. So, after I PM back and say that I couldn't meet that quick, there was no reply. I PM again to see if another time would be ok. crickets

Kinda makes you wonder. Are you walking into a trap or do they think you have nothing else to do? I'll try to accommodate anyone, but that was weird.

Another guy asked me to text him about his counter offer. I did, never got a response, but started getting texts from some adult web sites. Then I got telemarketers on my cell phone. So, I never give my address and won't give my phone number unless we have agreed to a time and place. I also check their posts and feedback.

Hope nothing bad comes of your contact with this guy. I don't think you ever said if he was a registered member of the ODT.

Last edited:
I would call him again as well as text and let him know that if you don't hear from him in the next hour, you will be leaving negative feedback if warranted (by time, place and price) and relisting the item. That's what iTrader Feedback is for. If for some reason the buyer gives you a good reason and you want to remove the feedback, contact us thru Private Help.
Had a guy, now on my ignore list, that sent an "I'll take it". Followed up with 4 more PM's making sure that I would sell it to him. Sent my info and he disappeared. Sent PM's, and emails. No response. Finally sent a warning with no response so I used the ODT feedback giving him a negative.
Was just looking at my feedback this week and there is a negative from this guy saying it was my fault as he had a death in the family and got sidetracked. He apparently had time for negative feedback, but none to send me a PM or email to explain his problem.
Update: Mods removed negative feedback. Thanks ODT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom