• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Private Security Guards Fend Off Somali Pirate Attack

I wonder if they have any longer range equipment like a .50. I would turn my boat around if I heard one whizzing past my noodle. But then I guess they have to make sure the guys are pirates and not some fisherman minding his own business.

I wonder if they have any longer range equipment like a .50. I would turn my boat around if I heard one whizzing past my noodle. But then I guess they have to make sure the guys are pirates and not some fisherman minding his own business.

they did fire warning shots. Which I felt that was awful kind of them to do that.

Yeah. I also liked how "warning shots" quickly became "empty the GD mag into that boat" shots.

First off your in open waters so screw the laws at that point. Second, there wouldn't have been any warning shots. Third, a damn .50 deff would have given them a lil farther reach! lol Open iron sights on what im assuming are .223's can only do so much...

I guess the other question is would the reach of a .50 be of negligible benefit when you are dealing with a speeding boat that can close distance rather quickly with multiple pirates. Or would you rather have the sheer number of rounds a group of ARs can bring?

I'd see if the captain would let me mount this...

m2.jpg

I guess the other question is would the reach of a .50 be of negligible benefit when you are dealing with a speeding boat that can close distance rather quickly with multiple pirates. Or would you rather have the sheer number of rounds a group of ARs can bring?

Id be happy with the AR. They were not worried about ammo because they were letting it go. Plus the overhead spot they had on that boat... deadly. That boat has to come up to the side of your boat. More than enough power to own them at that distance.

Back
Top Bottom