• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Price complainers

The fact that you are equating a gun that sells all over the place at $500 today, to you selling it used for $800 today... that that is somehow "just like buying a house 20 years ago and it appreciates in value", shows that you don't have an elementary school child's understanding of basic economics...

Your stock glock, didn't appreciate an extra $300 in value on the ride home from Academy, I assure you... lol

I feel like your really upset about this post. You dont have to try to belittle me to get your point across saying I dont understand “basic economics”. So I would like to know where I can purchase a home for the market value of just 5 years ago price... what about Apple stock 5 years ago price... you cant, period!!! Being proactive is apart of how I choose to live now. because of that I have Items(not firearms) that I own now but a worth more in todays market then a few years ago so I really dont understand why your arguing with this whole thing. Maybe you have a time machine and can go back to pick up things way cheaper...??? Also anyone who buys a gun, turns around and sells it for a profit is a gun dealer who better be licensed.

I feel like your really upset about this post. You dont have to try to belittle me to get your point across saying I dont understand “basic economics”. So I would like to know where I can purchase a home for the market value of just 5 years ago price... what about Apple stock 5 years ago price... you cant, period!!! Being proactive is apart of how I choose to live now. because of that I have Items(not firearms) that I own now but a worth more in todays market then a few years ago so I really dont understand why your arguing with this whole thing. Maybe you have a time machine and can go back to pick up things way cheaper...??? Also anyone who buys a gun, turns around and sells it for a profit is a gun dealer who better be licensed.

I think the point is that he is complaining about flipping on or near the same day, not as your example says 5 years ago....I guess in his mind it isn't "time machine" time at all....

Your feeling is wrong. Like your argument.

I wasn't trying to belittle you. I was telling you that if that is your understanding of how things work, that you would equate apples to creamed corn... then you clearly don't know a lot about the topic at hand. At best, I am calling you ignorant, and that's ok. Ignorant doesn't mean that you are bad, or stupid. Ignorance is easily cured.

You compound the issue, and prove my point further, by mentioning Apple stock going up over time. Now we have Apples and elephants...

We aren't talking about you buying something 5 years ago and looking at current market value. We are talking about what guns are selling for, TODAY, and how ODT pricing in no way reflects that.

I don't need a time machine to get a $499 new Glock. I have two dealers a short drive away, selling them for that price, TODAY.

The fact that you are equating a gun that sells all over the place at $500 today, to you selling it used for $800 today... that that is somehow "just like buying a house 20 years ago and it appreciates in value", shows that you don't have an elementary school child's understanding of basic economics...

Your stock glock, didn't appreciate an extra $300 in value on the ride home from Academy, I assure you... lol
Correct but you dont have to buy it. No one is forced to buy anything posted for sale here or on gunbroker. All these people payin $400 per 1k primers on gunbroker arent in a life or death situations. Its not scalping. Its people bidding things up to high numbers or somebody on here agreeing to buy stuff at a higher price. I have spent 10k in 5 days on firearms. All were at higher costs than normal. And did i get on here and complain and bitch. No i didnt! Cause im a big boy. Not a whinin ass complainer.

Correct but you dont have to buy it. No one is forced to buy anything posted for sale here or on gunbroker. All these people payin $400 per 1k primers on gunbroker arent in a life or death situations. Its not scalping. Its people bidding things up to high numbers or somebody on here agreeing to buy stuff at a higher price. I have spent 10k in 5 days on firearms. All were at higher costs than normal. And did i get on here and complain and *****. No i didnt! Cause im a big boy. Not a whinin ass complainer.
But...but...don't you unnerstand? If'n we whine and bitch and moan enough, maybe the sailor's conscious will get the better of them and they'll lower their prices? Where you been? I thought we'd been schooled on why these threads are important.

Correct but you dont have to buy it. No one is forced to buy anything posted for sale here or on gunbroker. All these people payin $400 per 1k primers on gunbroker arent in a life or death situations. Its not scalping. Its people bidding things up to high numbers or somebody on here agreeing to buy stuff at a higher price. I have spent 10k in 5 days on firearms. All were at higher costs than normal. And did i get on here and complain and *****. No i didnt! Cause im a big boy. Not a whinin ass complainer.

Of course I don't have to buy it. Never said that I did. I just said that I think selling a used item here for 50% more than it STILL costs new, is stupid. I am pretty sure that in America, I am still free to have and express that opinion, no?

If you are paying those higher prices, more power to you. Some of us are more educated, know what they actually sell for, and aren't desperate enough to pay a 50% ODT markup.

Enjoy.

Cause im a big boy. Not a whinin ass complainer.

Not true. You simply whine and complain about different things, is all. Some people complain about stupid prices. Others, complain about those people complaining.

Which is more lame, do you think?

It's rhetorical, no need to actually answer that. ;-)

giphy (4).gif

Back
Top Bottom