• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Prepared the MG for Hibernation Today.

TheSnail

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
Almost an awsome day today.

Was sitting around on gunbroker when I got a call from the local gunshop saying he has good news and bad news. Good news is the FNC came in. Bad news is the gunshop I bought it from in Maryland f-up the paperwork again. Which is the second time they f-up the paperwork.

Bought the gun about three months ago. Got a call about 2 months ago from the MD gunshop saying they mixed up the serial numbers and had mine shipping to a different state. Well it arrived, but they f-up the serial # on the paper work. They listed the serial number starting with 5, when it should of been a S. So now my local gunshop has to call the Feds to straighten that out. Afterwhich, I can start on form 4.

Anywho, the FNC turned out to be in excellent condition so that was really good. It was a whole lot smaller then I thought. I envisioned this heavy FAL, but it was way smaller and lighter in real life, which was also a good thing. I brought my Eezox and a rag to give the gun a good wipe down for its 6month hibernation. While I was at it, I snapped some pictures :).

So when I bought the gun, I asked if it had the 3rnd burst installed. Guy said he didnt think so. No big deal as most dont come with it installed. So yesterday while farting around on the web, I came very close to buying a 3rd burst kit for $400. However, I told myself to wait untill the gun came in to confirm it didnt have it prior to dropping $400. Well I just confirmed it does have 3rnd burst lol, so thats good.

Feeling $400 richer, I looked around the gunshop for something to buy. I ended up walking out with an Acog. Now the Acog wasnt $400, the "extra" $400 was more of an excuse for me to buy another toy ;). I put the Acog on the Troy and it looks spiffy. Looking through it looks even better.

Anyway, aside from the f-up paperwork, today was a pretty good day. The gunshop Im dealing with is GA Firing Line. They are great people. I have always given them lots of buisness and will continue to give them buisness because they are awsome and have always treated me good. They are taking care of all my NFA purchases. So props to them.

Figured Id share. Now the wait begins...

1.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
Acog1.jpg
Acog3.jpg

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 61
Saw "prepare mg for hibernation" and assumed I'd see a small brit car... But no, you bring out the full on FN, looks great as does the acog.
Always a good experience at Ga firing line, be a long wait but should be a great time when you finally get to shoot it.

Thanks Woodstock.

Brainchill, when I was shopping for the FNC I had an 8500 budget. I called several place on the east coast. I was mainly shopping for either an ac556 or fnc. I called a dealer in Florida who said they had several fncs but laughed at the 8500. Dont know how much they anicipated getting for their FNCs but that conversation did two things for me. 1, it pissed me off. 2, it made conclude that I was going to get an FNC. I found a dealer on GB who listed a excellent condition FNC machingun under semi-autos for 7900. I gave him a call, told him I could overnight him moneyorders if he would do 7700 shipped. He agreed, removed it off of GB and the deal was made. He said the previous owner was a very old guy (assisted living old) that kept it in safe and decided to liquidate his assets the week before. So long story short, I feel I really lucked out on this deal asside from the f-up paperwork.

The closet I will probably ever get is a gun show one time... I was able to drol over it for some time as it sat behind the time I was working at.

Have wanted one ever since. Great deal as I know then they were running just under 10G.......

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks
Jealous...

Sure thing. You going to reload to feed that?

Quite the opposite. Only match grade ammo is going through it . My friends think Im crazy showing up at the range with 100s of rounds of hornady TAP to shoot paper. Same high end ammo will apply for the MG. Except it will eat at my wallet at around $15 a second lol.

Quite the opposite. Only match grade ammo is going through it . My friends think Im crazy showing up at the range with 100s of rounds of hornady TAP to shoot paper. Same high end ammo will apply for the MG. Except it will eat at my wallet at around $15 a second lol.

Haha Awesome!

What range? Can I pick up your brass?

Back
Top Bottom