Power Outage

edindah

Firefighter Supporter
ODT Junkie!
291   0
Reaction score
We experienced a power outage last night, starting about 10:10pm. Power was restored about 06:40am today. I noted the power outage to some friends on a social media platform and got a response that said several companies experienced a computer attack. I asked about a ransom and the reply was unknown. Trying to find more info on it, I found this web page: https://poweroutage.us/

Apparently, Lumpkin, White, Union, Hall, Towns, Forsyth and Fulton counties were affected. I also noted a few counties in South Dakota. How many of ya'll were affected. Any causes determined yet?

We had a blip in the power yesterday around 10am but only had to reset a couple of electronics - including the router.

Weather was fine. Very unusual to lose power here in Johns Creek unless there's a storm.

Well companies are going to tell you exactly what happened due to reputation, privacy etc if they can help it.

No power outage here.

Also could just been wind blowing 3 trees down and nobody was answering the on call lol.

We experienced a power outage last night, starting about 10:10pm. Power was restored about 06:40am today. I noted the power outage to some friends on a social media platform and got a response that said several companies experienced a computer attack. I asked about a ransom and the reply was unknown. Trying to find more info on it, I found this web page: https://poweroutage.us/

Apparently, Lumpkin, White, Union, Hall, Towns, Forsyth and Fulton counties were affected. I also noted a few counties in South Dakota. How many of ya'll were affected. Any causes determined yet?
Don’t worry. Just Russians or Chinese training to shut down the grid.
It’ll be awhile before they figure out how to make it nationwide.
Unless the morons that want a national interconnected power grid get their wish.

Don’t worry. Just Russians or Chinese training to shut down the grid.
It’ll be awhile before they figure out how to make it nationwide.
Unless the morons that want a national interconnected power grid get their wish.
US does a hell lot more hacking than China or Russia, we just do not talk about it. US is not a blameless victim here.

Back
Top Bottom