• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Possibly Billions of Habitable Planets in our Galaxy!

I remember bringing up the fact that it would be impossible NOT to be the case in 7th grade astronomy class, and being laughed at by everyone including my teacher. Suckas!

This is so cool!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...-of-habitable-planets-found-in-Milky-Way.html

We are living in the golden age of astronomy! Right smack in it! 20 years ago, no one had ever proven that any other star had any planets around it. Now they are finding these suckers everywhere!

-Awesome!

Read that yesterday. Thought it was super cool.

I remember bringing up the fact that it would be impossible NOT to be the case in 7th grade astronomy class, and being laughed at by everyone including my teacher. Suckas!

I hear ya, I can remember telling my teacher that all the land masses looked like they fit together.

So now even with billions and billions of possibly habitable planets, we're still the only life so far. And not just any life, more like masters of the universe. It's almost as if has been designed that way. lol. Bring on the science.

So now even with billions and billions of possibly habitable planets, we're still the only life so far. And not just any life, more like masters of the universe. It's almost as if has been designed that way. lol. Bring on the science.

We are certainly the masters of our little itty bitty part of the universe, but I don't think we are all there is out there. The universe is incredibly huge. There are more stars in the universe than all the grains of sand on all the beaches on earth.

It is far more improbable that we are the only intelligent life running around than it is for us to be surrounded by millions of other civilizations and just not be aware of it (yet.)

-I am not an Art Bell type by any means, but I am a science buff. We will discover some sort of life on some planets within a 100 light years in our lifetimes. It could be less advanced than us, but it is there.

Last edited:
Considering the age of the universe, think of how many civilizations could have come and gone already.
We are just a blip on the age of the earth, could have happened millions of times already.

Back
Top Bottom