• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Port St. Joe- Joe- scalloping spots

Been there fishing several times.
Staying on CSB in early September.
We'll be both wading or kayaking and snorkeling.

Where are the best spots to access the bay and park to get out on the grass flats?

Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Leaving to come home tomorrow, scallopping was a little harder this year. Quantiy is down from last year and scallops are deeper, if you can find some pot holes that are 6ish feet deep. Search the grass around them and you will be pleasantly suprised. It is very difficult to see them from the surface at that depth and the water has been a little murky. I dive down and hold on to the grass and look around. Most times i grab 3 to 4 scallops before i come back to up. We went to our usual spots in shallower water and skunked out until we figured it out.

I was there about 20 years ago ...No scallops but didnt try hard....caught 2 Eagle Rays at Shark point about 7' spread...Mor sharks than we could count BUT it is soooo beautiful there !

You will find miss info, there is no 1/4 mile paddle, city ramp is close to 10 miles to blacks. state park another 10 to blks, old concrete pier has access and then 1/2 mile paddle and find them.

benjamin benjamin where is the old concrete pier?
I think this is the old concrete dock. It’s really only accessible by walking a sandy path off 30e though if it’s the same one we used.

118D07D7-A996-411B-97FD-82241A41025F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom