Not open for further replies.

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
I believe it is inevitable that these forums will be made at some point. What I am trying to work out is how to keep the "troll" content to a minimum.

I personally could live without these topics but I am willing to try things I do not agree with to see how they will work. I think that is what will set this site apart from others.

Right now I am thinking about having a minimum # of posts to be able to reply or start a thread in these forums. Everyone can view it, but you have to have 50 posts or something to be able to participate. That would mean a troll would have to work to be able to spam it. Also the way I am thinking of setting it up would allow me to "ban" people from just these forums without banning from the rest of the site.

What do you guys think?

Great idea but it's a shame it has to be done like that. I don't think politics and spiritual topics should be in the same forum though. it's lLike trying to mix oil with water if you get my meaning.

I was thinking of making a category called boiler room for "heated discussions" and putting it farther down the front page than the general discussion area.

There are 2 things no forums need. Politics and Religion. I am a Christian, but let's face it, religious and political issues cause heated debates and generally they dont turn out well. Not only that, they turn into pissing matches 99.99999% of the time. I would suggest a "Prayer Request" section instead of "Religion".

you can get a prayer request at your local church, but true religious debate opens our minds, i suggest you put up the rules in the forum post itself and state if you get out of line you will be removed from this forum. as adults we can debate and dissagree or very strongly dissagree with someone but we should be able to state our facts and debate .

Steve,
Is there a way to put a report abuse button so anyone could hit the button which would notify a moderator to the fact that something may need to be watched?

P.S.
This is a wonderful site that is growing every day, Thank You and all the mods.

See the triangle with the ! in it under your feedback score? That's the report post button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom