• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pocket guns: .380 vs. 9mm

What is your favorite deep conceal carry caliber between 9mm and .380 ACP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carry Sig P938 9mm. Fits in my front pocket of all my pants, shorts and athletic shorts (use draw string to tighten), with pinky extension. No one ever knows it is there.

Question back to ya would be why pocket carry? With as ya said, all the small 9mm that can go IWB-AIWB. Pocket carry has several drawbacks, a few being cannot draw while seated; cannot draw while moving quickly, can only get to it in ideal situation with dominant hand, CQB makes it difficult to get to, just to name a few. I know some say it’s so easy and what not but imo deficient in most any tactical advantages for a potential violent encounter or worse…actual gun fight .

:bolt:
If it need be fully concealed and never visible i have not come across an IWB holster that fits the bill.

Keltec P3AT just cause it's so light and easy. Also carry Glock 43 when I can but lately been debating between micro 9, P938 or similar, or old school .38 snubbie

Question back to ya would be why pocket carry? With as ya said, all the small 9mm that can go IWB-AIWB. Pocket carry has several drawbacks, a few being cannot draw while seated; cannot draw while moving quickly, can only get to it in ideal situation with dominant hand, CQB makes it difficult to get to, just to name a few. I know some say it’s so easy and what not but imo deficient in most any tactical advantages for a potential violent encounter or worse…actual gun fight .

:bolt:
First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun. I get what you're saying, I carry a full size gun every day for work, and when possible I carry a better gun/set up off duty too, but it is so easy to pocket carry something like a LCP, why not. I've occasionally carried it and another gun. I also train drawing from my pocket and can do so seated and moving (all much slower with my other hand though). Also when I'm in my vehicle I have an alternative set up.

How easy is to draw your IWB at 3-5 o'clock with your off hand?

Being cognizant of you're surroundings and knowing your abilities/limitations will keep you out of 99% of bad situations where you would need it and should give you a little extra time to prepare/react in that worst case.

First rule of a gun fight is to have a gun. I get what you're saying, I carry a full size gun every day for work, and when possible I carry a better gun/set up off duty too, but it is so easy to pocket carry something like a LCP, why not. I've occasionally carried it and another gun. I also train drawing from my pocket and can do so seated and moving (all much slower with my other hand though). Also when I'm in my vehicle I have an alternative set up.

How easy is to draw your IWB at 3-5 o'clock with your off hand?

Being cognizant of you're surroundings and knowing your abilities/limitations will keep you out of 99% of bad situations where you would need it and should give you a little extra time to prepare/react in that worst case.

Yes definitely a yes to your first point to have it with you. If I am seated in a chair it’s extremely difficult and long process with lots of telegraphing to get a pistol out of the pocket. More than I personally care for. I carry aiwb So can easily get to the Pistol with non-dominant hand fairly easily and as I don’t care for three or 5 o’clock Carry. A I WB is more advantageous and all aspects in my opinion those practically and tactically as well as concealment and accessibility. And when needed even with tucked in shirt Can still discreetly carry pistol and spare mag at the end of the day I won’t be at your gun fight and you won’t be at mine so each of us Has to do what’s best for us. Would I prefer pocket carry over no carry? Yes but I have found other ways that far out way that method of Carry. :thumb:

I like to have my Keltec P32 in my pocket at times, I don't have to think about what I am wearing, just throw it in the pocket if I need to. I have been exploring a replacement for it in 9mm though

Get yourself a sleeve gun. Better not miss!

1646941687784.png

If it need be fully concealed and never visible i have not come across an IWB holster that fits the bill.

I mean…this is pretty dang discrete! 25 rounds on board of 9 milly

Attachments

• 91B60BC9-0683-48F8-8DA8-CC861127A878.jpeg
    91B60BC9-0683-48F8-8DA8-CC861127A878.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 15A1AC04-4C60-4AED-92B4-0E2B23D95B81.jpeg
    15A1AC04-4C60-4AED-92B4-0E2B23D95B81.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 22
  • B13DF6C8-18D7-41B6-878E-DD43D6D54A69.jpeg
    B13DF6C8-18D7-41B6-878E-DD43D6D54A69.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 20
They've got center-fire ammo available with free shipping cheaper than flipper prices here

I mean…this is pretty dang discrete! 25 rounds on board of 9 milly
How does that do in a pair of swim trunks on the beach, I do agree that todays small 9mm etc can be easily hidden most of the time, but there are times when nothing short of a pocket gun will do....Heck I spend more time in Swim trunks and shorts than I ever do anything else on a daily basis (barring winter of course...then I could hide a 12 gauge if I wanted to...lol)

Back
Top Bottom