• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pocket 22 or other semi auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO reading reviews there is no reliable 22 Pocket gun or is it just ammo causing the problem? see so many questions

I do think that's a *fair* question. You don't see a lot of "defensive" 22LR ammo out there, and I'm sure many of us have had the odd F2F with standard 22. Half of the battle is having ammo that goes "bang" reliably and consistently.

Hornady makes a 22WMR "Critical Defense" round which I've actually fired from a pistol a friend loaned me, and it was .... authoritative. I didn't fire enough to be sure it was reliable, but I'd suspect a product marketed as a defensive round is *more* likely to have been manufactured to a higher standard. It's not a round I'd want to be on the receiving end of.

NO reading reviews there is no reliable 22 Pocket gun or is it just ammo causing the problem? see so many questions

I was thinking wheel gun. I can't think of a small frame auto in 22 that I have owned that was reliable enough to trust my life to. I have had some good ones, but they were still not 100%.

Get you a couple 22LR six or heck 9 shooters though, and dual wield. I know if I saw a crazy white-haired biker facing me with two wheel guns, I am going the other way. Chances are he didn't live long enough to get that long white hair being a *****.

I was thinking wheel gun. I can't think of a small frame auto in 22 that I have owned that was reliable enough to trust my life to. I have had some good ones, but they were still not 100%.

Get you a couple 22LR six or heck 9 shooters though, and dual wield. I know if I saw a crazy white-haired biker facing me with two wheel guns, I am going the other way. Chances are he didn't live long enough to get that long white hair being a *****.
Looking at a LCP tomorrow just dont know.

It depends on if I am wearing shorts, jeans or dress pants. I am 5'9 and 200 lbs. So what works for me may not work for the sasquatches on here.

I have a NAA Pug in 22Mag (Derringer) a LCP in 22, or a Kel Tec .32. They are all great little backups. The LCP can hold 10 rounds, weighs the same as the Kel Tec and with CCI MiniMags- I dont doubt they would do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom