Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had better success with 0 to low FB than some with 30-50 FB, but I treat everybody the same, unless shipping.
Stupid is as stupid does. lol
I've also had one of those and it shocked me lol. I learned real quick if it sounds too good to be true... It is. I guess I really should say I prefer not to deal with 0 feedback members, since we deal with firearms I like to know that someone has been vetted a little but I still may give them a chance if not.

I know I'm late to the party, but I'd be inclined to incentivise the sight in a different way. I don't think a business model that makes it harder for the "little guys" to transact small time deals is heading in a direction you want to go...you want as many unique visitors per month as you can get. Can we explore a tiered system with certain functionality as "free", and move up from there? I'm not sure how to break it down, but it seems like a discussion that should take place.

As a vendor in the shooting sports industry, I can tell you that there are fewer and fewer opportunities to advertise due to the crazy weapons policies of Google, Facebook, and other large media companies. Gladly give you a dollar a month even if I don't place and add just so other have a place where they can.

It's a your mileage may vary situation for sure. Someone here gave me that first chance to get my feedback, and I've only declined one offer from someone with 0 who wanted me to ship since then. The first time I drove 50 miles and got a no show, the 2nd time I waited an hour and got a hey I can't come, meet tomorrow, and then the next day was a no show, left a real bad taste in my mouth. I'm just thinking if they had to invest something in it, whether that be $1 or tacos, people would be less likely to back out or simply not show up.
I would have more misgivings about dealing with anyone that thinks they've made an "investment" by spending a dollar for advertising than a free lister.

Took me five years and a handful of items sold to get my first feedback. If they communicate well, it wouldn’t bother me to give them a shot.

I try to compare the FB left, verses the FB received. If they have received more FB than they left, they'll have to leave me FB first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom