• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing people say how "easy" it is to get banned and how mods are out to get them and not trying to seem like a butt-kisser but in my experience I cannot imagine how serious an infraction has to be to get that.

When the religious debate forum got crazy a while back I posted a couple of sarcastic retorts to someone that everybody knows if you were following it. I got a warning and I think I got a 24 hour ban from it. Cool. That's reasonable.

Heck I am still working off my 2 points for creating a second account and clowning around for a day - just 2 points!

How badly behaved do you have to be to get banned or banished....no arguing, I just don't understand the threads around "this mod is after me" but I also haven't walked a mile in anyone's shoes here.

At some point everybody needs to comprehend that ODT is a site owned by a couple of people - who clearly identify themselves. So they get to set the rules.

Sorry if I seem to be ranting but I am over the whole "how dare you charge me a dollar!!!! This should be free" when the site belongs to someone. I ain't letting people in my house to do what they want. I set the conditions for what I own.

Never disagree with a mod or ask for an explanation, and you will probably never get banned.
Don't ask me how I know.:tape2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom