• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read all comments from the last 98 pages, but I will give my opinion.

Cost rise, that is reality and a constant. You are providing a service to us all, which you have every right to require compensation for costs/efforts. You have made successful attempts to keep this site free to use, which is great and I certainly appreciate it.

Casual users who list less than (input your transaction limit) annually should maintain the current free to play model. Less than casual users who list (?? to ??) annually and are not supporters should be required to pay your proposed model. Enterprise/Business/Profit seeking users who utilize this site for profit potential should pay a higher level. Tier pay structures ensure those who use the site (classified service) the most, pay the most. Keep everything else free to those who come here for information or discussion and make your revenue/service cost from those who "benefit financially" from your work.

Of course, just my $.02!

Since the Classifieds will be a pay to play, in the even that a member gets banned from the general forum, (for hurting feelings) I don't think they should be banned from the Classifieds, unless they were commenting on Glock pricing.

Already addressed -

If they break the rules I ban them. I don't give anyone special treatment. If they want a refund I'll gladly give them one.

Is the site worth it?
Yes.

Would I do it?
Yes.

Would it be bad for the site?
Probably.

Charging money for things that have always been free is a slippery slope. There will be a loss of content, and there will be less new ads and items for sale, that will ultimately force people to other places or just ordering from an online retailer, local gun store, etc.

Just my .02 - I wish you well regardless of your decision.

....Cost rise, that is reality and a constant. You are providing a service to us all, which you have every right to require compensation for costs/efforts. You have made successful attempts to keep this site free to use, which is great and I certainly appreciate it.

Casual users who list less than (input your transaction limit) annually should maintain the current free to play model. Less than casual users who list (?? to ??) annually and are not supporters should be required to pay your proposed model. Enterprise/Business/Profit seeking users who utilize this site for profit potential should pay a higher level. Tier pay structures ensure those who use the site (classified service) the most, pay the most. Keep everything else free to those who come here for information or discussion and make your revenue/service cost from those who "benefit financially" from your work....
Sounds sensible to me.

Being a supporter should come with some benefits other than what is offered presently. Make it more attractive for people to join. For the casual user paying $1 for a listing is cheap. Giveaway day should be for supporters only IMO.
This. Too many noobs and people that never stay on other than to grab free ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom