Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish OKUMA would tell us what he wants us to do and either members will conform or not, but he better hurry up because he has a wedding and a honeymoon to pay for. lol

I do think that a one year free membership for new members then the annual or per classified ad fee.

A free year would most likely either hook them if they are active on the site.

And then they get a "warning" in the open forum. lol

Why not just delete their post then give them infractions when they go against your commands?

I've been infracted for much less.

It's a slippery slope, made more slippery when you start charging people for use of the forum... If you go overboard with censoring people, not letting them talk, giving them infractions for saying things you don't like or agree with... You don't think that will have an impact on paid subscriptions? You being penalized and banned for not saying what they want you to say? What happens then? You cancel your subscription and tell them to pound sand.

Asking people to pay, I get, so I paid. That said, there should be some changes made to make things better. Free vs Paid Subscription has two very different value props and levels of user expectations...

I mean, think about some other service... Could be anything, but it has always been free...

And one day they come to you and say, "Hey, I am gonna start charging you for this"...

Ok, we are adults and we all understand why... but in the back of your mind, part of you wonders, what do I get out of this?

So you ask, will you use the money to improve XYZ? There were things going on before that I lived with because it was free, but if I am now expected to be a paying member, let's talk about some of these items?

No. I just want you to pay. We won't be providing anything additional. You will simply get what you used to have for free, only now you will be asked to pay for it...

It's not a compelling sales pitch, is it? I am not saying that Steve is saying that... but others in this quagmire of a thread, are...

It's just something to consider. I think that going to a paid model, should have some concessions or improvements as part of that package... what the specifics of those are, I guess we can discuss later but it should be on the table, no?

It's just something to consider. I think that going to a paid model, should have some concessions or improvements as part of that package... what the specifics of those are, I guess we can discuss later but it should be on the table, no?

Well for one -

If this change was enacted and we didn't lose any traffic I would be able to shut off outside ads. (which would be amazing and make the site run faster, we would never have malware or popups again and could remove all outside ad tracking)

We wouldn't want to derail this thread :pound:
derail_it.gif
:)

Since the Classifieds will be a pay to play, in the even that a member gets banned from the general forum, (for hurting feelings) I don't think they should be banned from the Classifieds, unless they were commenting on Glock pricing.

There is no need to tell someone it's overpriced. Just PM them and make an offer. He's not obligated to sell at your price. You are not obligated to buy at his price. Simply make an offer. It will either make sense for both parties or it won't. If you want it bad enough you'll buy it, and if you don't, he will sell it to someone else or he won't sell it at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'll never understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom