Please Vote - Considering Major Changes for Classifeds

Would charging non-supporters $1 a month to post in the classifieds hurt the site?

• Yes, charging $1 a month would hurt the site and is a bad idea.

Votes: 713 54.5%
  • No, $1 is cheap enough to not lose people over it.

Votes: 596 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just another " feel good" thread to make you think your humble opinion counts.
I'm sure that the cards have already been dealt.

I'm sure that soon after I paid my membership, that some overly sensitive anonymous mod would ban me for some unexplainable "rules violation" reason. lol

Wall.
There I said it.
Surely someone is offended. lol

Its interesting to note the mentality of some people... we all have at lest one LGS we shop at. Probably know at lest the owner by name. We're more than happy to go in there and smile, have a good time as we make a purchase and help this guy make a living.

I've made probably 150 plus transactions using this site that OS Okuma Okuma has provided for us. I cant imagine having a problem with him making money off of it. Even a damn good living if it was/is that. It's a helluva site and I'm thankful for it and happy to support it.

Just for the record, people complaining about used gun prices on here. Solution for that is don't buy them.
Also I have bought several NIB guns with all paperwork, etc. on here cheaper than I could elsewhere. No taxes, shipping or transfer fees.
Bought a new Ruger Precision Rifle in the box here two weeks ago with 1100 rounds of ammo cheaper than I have seen for used ones. Good deals do happen here, you just have to be quick.
I don't buy or sell a lot but when I do, I prefer ODT.

Keep it going and make it run better, a dollar is a dollar but in a effort to make things better on the administrative end I am completely willing to part with 10 bucks a year. The ODT has been a great resource to me and many friends I have. Thank you!

I haven't read all the responses but a dollar an ad for a non supporter does not sound like it would kill anything or even hurt anything. JMHO. This thing is like crack to me so I'd probably pay anything. :grey: That reminds me I need to re-up my supporter thingy!
As will most of these internet warrior cheapskates. They'd gladly pay the dollar a month to be able to beat their chest in front of a crowd, but would be too ashamed to admit it (paying the fee)..........Or just take their ball and go home with their tail between their legs. Buh bye!

This is just another " feel good" thread to make you think your humble opinion counts.
I'm sure that the cards have already been dealt.

I'm sure that soon after I paid my membership, that some overly sensitive anonymous mod would ban me for some unexplainable "rules violation" reason. lol

Wall.
There I said it.
Surely someone is offended. lol
Actually you’ve kinda made a good point. How do you recocile banning members from the forum that they pay to utilize. If I pay my money to run my ad for a month I should have access to my ad/PM system regardless of my other forum doings. Seeing someone like you who post a lot of ads and gets banned on the regular wouldn’t exactly instill confidence for new users.

Okuma Okuma

You asked what other perks lifetime supporters would like to see.

#1. Ability to speak freely.
It’s taxing to keep seeing, for example, “Factory Noveske rifles” that are cobbled together.
Then when you ask about them the thread gets locked as if they are hiding from it.​

If someone is posting something not represented as what it truly is, we should be allowed, and frankly encouraged, to call people out on it.​

#2: mods shouldn’t be able to go around harassing specific members, especially if supporters. It’s bad enough that they now have the pet name of “pocket mod” because of the harassment.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom